I need help firmware M701 4GB

hammada

Jan 13, 2011
hello every one
I need help
my tablet is haipad MID 701 4GB
i know there is a firmware support Arabic language as well
actually it support all that languages:
Arabic (Egypt), Arabic (Israel), Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch (Belgium), Dutch (Netherlands), English (Australia), English (Canada), English (India), English (Ireland), English (New Zealand), English (Singapore), English (South Africa), English (United Kingdom), English (United States), Spanish (Espana), Spanish (Estados Unidos), Finnish, French (Belgium), French (Canada), French (France), French (Switzerland), German (Austria), German (Germany), German (Liechtenstein), Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesia, Italian (Italy), Italian (Switzerland), Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Portuguese (Portugal), Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Complex Chinese, Simplified Chinese
and a sow the pic.
msarat-c2535dee5d.png

and I found that on aliexpress
Wholesale Free SHipping telechips 7 inch google android 2.1 / android 2.2 tablet support Arabic / Thai
can any one tell me where to get that firmware ??
thank you

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
I found this over at xda-developers: Locale & Language Support in G1 Android - xda-developers

The thread discusses adding font support for Thai and Vietnamese, but should work for any language with a non-western character set.

It appears if you have the font set for a language you can swap out the system fonts for it with ADB. I believe that would let you read and write in that language, but doesn't do anything for "localization" (that's where it swaps out strings, names, views, etc., for translations into the native language setting on the device but only works if the app was written to support localization and the firmware supports setting it to that language, which swapping out the fonts wouldn't do). I'd assume that, much like apps, the operating system itself has a localization files for some other languages (I'm guessing they'd be framework files).

It suggests, anyway, that you can modify an existing firmware install to support other languages at least to some extent.

hammada

Jan 13, 2011
Thank you Offworld for your replay
But not that what I want actually I fix the problem with replacing that files DroidSansFallback.ttf, libwebcore.so
in the folders
system/font
system/lib

After rooting my M701
And it works fine "not super fine"
but I still want the firmware I show in the screen shot
Thanks

Last edited:

fancyui

Jun 15, 2010
Is your tablet authentic haina M701 or clone one? They use different nand flash, so firmware are different, i have both, but i do not wanna give you wrong firmware.

hammada

Jan 13, 2011

fzakri

Jan 15, 2011
Hammda, i need your help
I've got a haipad M701 and can't add Arabic fonts to system. Pls help
my firmware is MID 2.1-update1, 2.6.29 root@localhost #133 Build MID1.2
Would you please explain step by step?

Last edited:

melodrn

Jan 3, 2011
I found xflytouch 256.1.9.88 v4a 7z 1.9 for my tablet and have saved it to my sd card but from there how do i install it on my Mid 7 tablet. When i go to file browser and locate file it just come up with copy, cut, paste, rename and delete, properties and select all.. what now. New to tablets so a little lost.

Any help is appreciated
Mel

hammada

Jan 13, 2011
Hammda, i need your help
I've got a haipad M701 and can't add Arabic fonts to system. Pls help
my firmware is MID 2.1-update1, 2.6.29 root@localhost #133 Build MID1.2
Would you please explain step by step?

hi fzakri
This easy 1st you must make your pc recognize your tablet by doing this
you need to install the VTC drivers. If you, like me, have Windows 7 or Vista, you'll need to get them from the link at the second post in this thread. Just install the drivers from the VTC folder, ignore the rest of the stuff in there, its not for your tablet, just grab the Drive-vtcdrv folder. :p http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/telechips-based/3062-how-upgrade-haipad-701-r-firmware-using-windows-7-a.html. If you're using Windows XP or 2000, you can use the drivers packed with this firmware
2nd downlode that file form here Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!
3rd in your tablet go to settings then Application then mark Unknown sources
after that in the same place go to Development then mark USB debugging
4th go to the file you downloaded extract the file in your pc and but it in root c:\
make sure that you get the folder ar in root c:\
connect your tablet to your pc by USP
go to start the Run and type cmd
you well go to DOS window
there you have to type this
cd /
cd ar
adb devices
then you well see 2 lines the lower one with numbers if you can see that that's mane your adb works fine
if you cann't see the numbers in the lower line go back to step one
now type
arabic
now your pc going to transfer the files to your tablet
after that your tablet gonna reboot
you can now disconnect your tablet form USP
now you have root and Arabic font you can brows Arabic web sites
hope it was easy good luck