I need help please with clockwork recovery

sinkuchump

Jan 11, 2011
hey guys i got all the intro steps done for the rooting of my tablet but i cant figure how to get to the comand manager and i cant figure out how to get the recovery i have tried everything can somone please give me some very helpful pointer or like a step by step for this i have trie the step by step that is on this fourm but im obviously not smart enough please someone help me i am willing to pay someone to help me out !!!!!

sinkuchump

Jan 11, 2011
everytime i type is flash_image recovery/sdcard/recover.img it always says error opening no such file or directory i have wiped my sd card and reinstalled the flash image and this stuff keeps hapening its starting to make me angry i could not figure out how to do it on my desktop so i tried it on my tablet and thats what it keeps saying i dont know how everyone is getting this to work but i really must be stupid i hope one of u guys can slap me in the face and just show me how or write step by step for dummies so i can figure this out

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
You're not typing it right. It's flash_recovery /sdcard/recovery.img The space before the first backslash needs to be there. And it's recovery.img not recover. You also need to make sure the $ sign turns into a # after you type su. If it doesn't the tablet isn't rooted properly. Just read the instructions carefully and then read them again. You're just making typos is all. There are step by step directions here in the forum.

By the way, punctuation is your friend. That huge run-on sentence is painful to read.

Last edited:

billquinn1

Dec 16, 2010
You're not typing it right. It's flash_recovery /sdcard/recovery.img The space before the first backslash needs to be there. And it's recovery.img not recover. You also need to make sure the $ sign turns into a # after you type su. If it doesn't the tablet isn't rooted properly. Just read the instructions carefully and then read them again. You're just making typos is all. There are step by step directions here in the forum.

By the way, punctuation is your friend. That huge run-on sentence is painful to read.

No.

$su
#flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

You are right, it has to be typed correctly.