iCan provides "official" upgrade to their Flytouch II clone

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
that the ebay page says that the screen is for BOTH the superpad/flytouch2
AND
the superpad2/flytouch3 :confused:

If they are in fact the same part.... then I have nothing to worry about.
IF NOT?

Well, I have contacted the seller asking to terminate the transaction IF IT DOES NOT fit as the PHOTO says it does...

Can it get any MORE interesting? :rolleyes:
:D

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
that the ebay page says that the screen is for BOTH the superpad/flytouch2
AND
the superpad2/flytouch3 :confused:

If they are in fact the same part.... then I have nothing to worry about.
IF NOT?

Well, I have contacted the seller asking to terminate the transaction IF IT DOES NOT fit as the PHOTO says it does...

Can it get any MORE interesting? :rolleyes:

Same gear... no worries...

BTW... tried Rgocal's 3656... NOW I'm getting the A N D R O I D_ and nothing else. Sweet!
*edit* also figured out how to burn system and user data only. Still testing... More on Monday. Sunday, gonna relax. Pm me if anyone needs something. I'll keep my phone nearby.

Last edited:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Same gear... no worries...

BTW... tried Rgocal's 3656... NOW I'm getting the A N D R O I D_ and nothing else. Sweet!
*edit* also figured out how to burn system and user data only. Still testing... More on Monday. Sunday, gonna relax. Pm me if anyone needs something. I'll keep my phone nearby.

Wow... glad that is an improvement for you...
That's where Ive been for the last 20+ 'installs'...
Id say 'blame it on solar flares' but I guess thats not till FRI... :rolleyes:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Here is a g-sensor fix for another tab on this forum: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...al/20304-g-sensor-fix-s7-classic-s7-slim.html

It includes the libsurfaceflinger.so mentioned before, I wonder if this can be compared to the one in our tabs (if there is one), and the values cahnged to suit?

Nice to know if I ever get the ******* thing running again! :mad:

Something interesting 'for the crowd'.

A short while ago I put in a bootable card that had nothing on it (prepped with the aben.start.sector.001 thru WinHex and then quick-formatted FAT32). Yes, by mistake!
It claimed to be working and then when rebooted
It sits at the INFOTMIC display...
Its not 'locked up'...
I can get it to attempt a recovery,
It will attempt to install from SD... doesnt seem to do it tho,
HOPEFULLY it will talk via USB.... cant try that till I get home.

Very interesting... hopefully xfer via USB will 'start fresh' and have something that works once done.

Pipe-dreams anyone? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Well, it is at least back to where it WAS...
Used the IUW (1.0) disk burn to create a full 'wrap'...
(the ICAN2655 still says dEmaged... lol)
Firmware version 1.6.1.5.1.1
Updating U0... u-boot, etc.
Does all the 'funky-screen-stuff',
and it comes back up to the A N D R O I D_
just like before...

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Nice to know if I ever get the ******* thing running again! :mad:

Something interesting 'for the crowd'.

A short while ago I put in a bootable card that had nothing on it (prepped with the aben.start.sector.001 thru WinHex and then quick-formatted FAT32). Yes, by mistake!
It claimed to be working and then when rebooted
It sits at the INFOTMIC display...
Its not 'locked up'...
I can get it to attempt a recovery,
It will attempt to install from SD... doesnt seem to do it tho,
HOPEFULLY it will talk via USB.... cant try that till I get home.

Very interesting... hopefully xfer via USB will 'start fresh' and have something that works once done.

Pipe-dreams anyone? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Well, it is at least back to where it WAS...
Used the IUW (1.0) disk burn to create a full 'wrap'...
(the ICAN2655 still says dEmaged... lol)
Firmware version 1.6.1.5.1.1
Updating U0... u-boot, etc.
Does all the 'funky-screen-stuff',
and it comes back up to the A N D R O I D_
just like before...

Mine doing same. Need to burn recovery image.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Had some minor success tonite!

Found a good copy of straggulus' 2-part install on his page at XDA, in the form of
sdcard.img (april 2011).

THIS one has attempted to do more than just sit there...

The bad part is:

nearly ALL the internal NAND storage is coming up bad.
I dont know if anything can be done about it, but Im gonna open it up again (since the touchscreen is already DOA) and see if Ive gotten something 'bridged' somehow...

It wasnt working BEFORE I opened it the last time, but WTH, huh?

At least it BLINKS now (an error message) when the SD2 isnt in its proper place!

:D :D :D

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Had some minor success tonite!

Found a good copy of straggulus' 2-part install on his page at XDA, in the form of
sdcard.img (april 2011).

THIS one has attempted to do more than just sit there...

The bad part is:

nearly ALL the internal NAND storage is coming up bad.
I dont know if anything can be done about it, but Im gonna open it up again (since the touchscreen is already DOA) and see if Ive gotten something 'bridged' somehow...

It wasnt working BEFORE I opened it the last time, but WTH, huh?

At least it BLINKS now (an error message) when the SD2 isnt in its proper place!

:D :D :D

Well, sir, we are in the same boat, and it has a big a$$ hole in it. No matter what I do, I think we're going down. I got a PM from cfrockit, and I tried what he suggested. Still coming up with file damaged. :( no bueno... I've been contemplating buying another tablet and donating this one to rgocal for dev purposes. Let me know what you come up with on the "found a good copy of straggulus". I couldn't download the files... said they didn't exist. Mind you, I'm not giving up just yet, I just need to fix the mess. If I could get my original .ius, I could potentially flash back to stock (i think). cfrockit, if you happen to know where I could locate it, my original hwver is 0.6.3.2(677). Basically, I screwed up my system by flashing a different .ius into the tablet. No real rhyme or reason why it got f'ed in the first place. Started after the system crashed due to a youtube video.

*edit* I HAVE RECOVERY!!!!!!!!! going to go from here... I will keep you posted as progress goes.

Ok Leeb... try this. The files I uploaded here are from Mediafire. I used this OLD version of IUW (your drivers do not change) to install the recovery_rd.img that rgocal sent me (thanks). Its the original recovery for the Superpad/Flytouch so, no wierd stuff. I NOW need to try to install the iCan setup as the update.zip from my SD card. I need to get the proper setup so I can flash it.

Last edited:

leeb

Jul 16, 2011
Well, sir, we are in the same boat, and it has a big a$$ hole in it. No matter what I do, I think we're going down. I got a PM from cfrockit, and I tried what he suggested. Still coming up with file damaged. :( no bueno... I've been contemplating buying another tablet and donating this one to rgocal for dev purposes. Let me know what you come up with on the "found a good copy of straggulus". I couldn't download the files... said they didn't exist. Mind you, I'm not giving up just yet, I just need to fix the mess. If I could get my original .ius, I could potentially flash back to stock (i think). cfrockit, if you happen to know where I could locate it, my original hwver is 0.6.3.2(677). Basically, I screwed up my system by flashing a different .ius into the tablet. No real rhyme or reason why it got f'ed in the first place. Started after the system crashed due to a youtube video.

*edit* I HAVE RECOVERY!!!!!!!!! going to go from here... I will keep you posted as progress goes.

Ok Leeb... try this. The files I uploaded here are from Mediafire. I used this OLD version of IUW (your drivers do not change) to install the recovery_rd.img that rgocal sent me (thanks). Its the original recovery for the Superpad/Flytouch so, no wierd stuff. I NOW need to try to install the iCan setup as the update.zip from my SD card. I need to get the proper setup so I can flash it.

Wow... I really should have updated last nite (3a = last nite) so you'd know...
I got the straggulus version to load (from his XDA page, Apr 2011).
In the process, it created multiple fault text files that showed some of the following:
iMAPx200 NAND NOR BBT (c) 2009,2014 InfoTM
iMAPx200 BBT: Reseting NOR flash...
iMAPx200 BBT: Maf: c2, Did: 226c
iMAPx200 BBT: NOR based BBT found.
iMAPx200 BBT: Bad block 0x9e(IB) found.
iMAPx200 BBT: Bad block 0x2b9(IB) found.
iMAPx200 BBT: Bad block 0x325(IB) found.
iMAPx200 BBT: Bad block 0x78e(IB) found.
iMAPx200 BBT: Bad block 0x79e(IB) found.
iMAPx200 BBT: Bad block 0x803(IB) found.
iMAPx200 BBT: Bad block 0x804(IB) found.
iMAPx200 BBT: Bad block 0x805(IB) found.
iMAPx200 BBT: Bad block 0x806(IB) found.
plus ALOT more like it.
The /local partition is useless... claims to be full. Without it, things tend to run sporadicly slow...
Interestingly enough, once the system started working, so did the recovery...
which broke the system again... which required multiple attempts at installing...

Something else I noticed,
The 2-pass routine accesses SD2 for the 2nd pass, then will reboot by itself when done.
It did that 2-3 times without starting up the 'real thing', UNTIL
I took it back to the 0.6.1.2(587) nand/u-boot and THEN it came right up...

I fear the internal storage has been dEmaged somehow... unless I can find an app/program that can 'scrub' the chip & see what can be recovered.

It is calling itself:
MODEL # disco
Android version 2.2-update1-20110221
Baseband unknown
Kernel 2.6.32.9 (as is EVERY install Ive tried)
Build # FRF85B

Im not sure WHICH recovery is hiding in here... so I will likely try using the one you got and see what blows up..

EDIT:
D/L and tried the recovery. Comes up 'invalid'.
Blaming it on the internal storage problem...
As long as I can rebuild with the straggulus 'dos-pazz' I wont worry (for awhile).

EDIT 2:
If you want to try the sdcard.img Ive been using you will find reference to it at the top of:

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...2-2-running-ft2-series-tablets-confirmed.html

Take the one that says v5...
HOW I FOUND IT WORKED...

Burn it to a 1Gb card (BWO iuw) and boot from it in SD1.

Once the 1st pass is done it will tell you to remove. RESET, then remove from SD1 and place in SD2.
It will startup, give you a green WOWPAD screen, BLINK TWICE, and hopefully sit there about 5 min, then reboot itself.
IF it does the 2 blinks, then later starts BLINKING REGULARLY, that means there is a problem, and the card in SD2 should have a .txt file that points to the problem (which is how I found the storage failure).

IF YOU WANT TO CONFIRM that it is running, restart after pass 1 WITHOUT the card in SD2. Shortly after the 2 blinks, it will blink regularly (since it cant find anything to read from).

IF IT DOESNT blink AT ALL after the first 2 (like mine did for awhile) then you may have storage corruption as mine did/does...
That's how I found out that it was 'clearing up'... it finally started the 'fault blinking'! :eek:

More FYIs....

Last edited: