ICS question

StoneKy

Jul 30, 2011
Google and Samsung have not announced which providers will carry the Galaxy Nexus when it
launches in November, but customers signing up for updates are given the choice of Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile and even regional carriers when selecting their carrier preference.

phatphil

Aug 23, 2011
Google and Samsung have not announced which providers will carry the Galaxy Nexus when it
launches in November, but customers signing up for updates are given the choice of Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile and even regional carriers when selecting their carrier preference.
Yeah I know, it's just hard to get everyone to change over to a different provider because you want a certain phone. Come on tmobile step up to the plate. ICS-OTA!!!!!!!!

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Have you read that we are getting it?

The cut over from Honeycomb to ICS is less of a re-engineering job than from Gingerbread.

Acer will have to recompile their bloatware and a fet drivers (and stub off the phone related drivers) but I suspect this job will be pretty easy.

That being said, Acer is never the quickest at this sort of thing. I would not expect this to arrive before 5 months.

Running 3.2, you have most of the interface improvements that ICS will be bringing to phones anyway, so lets not work our selves up into another fit of rage for what will be a fairly minimal upgrade from our perspective. Its going to look pretty much how it looks now, with a few bells and whistles.

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
I hope (and have heard) that like IOS 5, there's going to be hardware acceleration. I sure hope so, because that would really bring Android closer to beating down Apples dominance (something i've always wanted to see)

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
Gladly, Google and Android understand that when we buy it, its ours. Unlike Apple, who'd like to believe its still there's.

mikeyg164

Oct 15, 2011
Gladly, Google and Android understand that when we buy it, its ours. Unlike Apple, who'd like to believe its still there's.

I couldn't agree more.

DarrylB

Aug 31, 2011
And lets hope like the iOS5, ICS will not delete our apps and songs.

+1, I second that! I just hope that when it does come out that I can get ICS to run on my Asus Transformer tablet! Just waiting patiently here like everyone else I suppose.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
+1, I second that! I just hope that when it does come out that I can get ICS to run on my Asus Transformer tablet! Just waiting patiently here like everyone else I suppose.

Asus has already announced the Transformer will get ICS, and I would bet this is good news for Acer owners because Acer isn't likley to let Asus get the upper hand, as it were.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011

Follow the url. It points to another URL, (in Poland of all places) which leads to another url (more polish) which leads to and XDA rumor, which leads to a screen shot on yet another Polish website about a chat session with the notoriously unreliable Acer Tech support minions, in which the acer tech said it would come but gave no time frame.

$acera500icecreamsandwich.jpg

So once again, rumor, upon rumor, and nothing to back them up.

I expect to get ICS, but I don't expect it to be that big of a deal. After all, Honeycomb 3.2 is 95% of ICS anyway.

But impatient children here will once again accuse Acer of breaking its "Promise" of a January release, and they will count down the days as January ticks by, and threaten to sell their tablets on ebay and go buy something else, and cry about how Acer never fails to disappoint, and threaten to tear the arms off of anyone who disagrees with them.

You know what: I'm sick of it!

Go sell your tablets TODAY, get what ever other device is better, log off this forum and STFU!! Another three months of whining about a missed "deadline" is more than anyone should have to put up with.

----This is not directed at anyone in particular - just a general purpose rant! (I'll go take my meds now, I promise).

Last edited: