IMEI Faking

RONJAWS4

Dec 1, 2010
Hey all. I just got the Sylvania 7" on black friday. It is my first android OS and I am pretty happy with it for what I've paid.

Some of the apps I'm finding require an IMEI to authenticate. DroidEMU specifically. I would like to purchase the software but it requires an IMEI to authenticate. Any ideas or known apps to fake an IMEI on a non-carrier device? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I do not believe it is possible to fake this if there is no cellular radio installed. I also believe that in the emulator the IMEI is always set to default at 0 which isn't going to help much.

I don't know if this helps, and I could certainly be mistaken.

Good luck,
p

RONJAWS4

Dec 1, 2010
P - Thanks for the feedback.

I've contacted DroidEMU. They currently don't have a way to get their app to work without an IMEI. I suggested that they use the MAC address for non-carrier devices.

I'll reply back if I get anywhere with them,

DizzyDen

Mar 31, 2011
Hey all. I just got the Sylvania 7" on black friday. It is my first android OS and I am pretty happy with it for what I've paid.

Some of the apps I'm finding require an IMEI to authenticate. DroidEMU specifically. I would like to purchase the software but it requires an IMEI to authenticate. Any ideas or known apps to fake an IMEI on a non-carrier device? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
You might want to try my IMEI Generator in the Nook Color Dev threads on xda... if the device matches the files on the nook color it will auto generate an IMEI... if it doesn't... you can manually input one... or a "seed" to generate one from.