iMito iM7 won't connect gmail account

aztimmay

Mar 26, 2011
I have been working for days now flashing with different TCC8902 OS's but the only one that seems to work right on my device fully id the iMito iM7 (since it's not labeled what kind of device it is, I don't know for sure what it needs).

When I first got the device it had some basic 2.1 tablet OS on it, but when I was trying to research my issues with the market, I flashed it thinking it was a GenTouch78 which froze the tablet. It's running now with the iM7 OS, but now I can't get my account to work with the tablet. Every time I try to go through the setup for my gmail account it says it can't establish a connection with the server. I'm able to surf the web and do some other things. I also downloaded the Kindle app and when I try to connect to that it also says it has troubles connection to the server and to check my wifi connection.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Not sure what is wrong, but you could try flashing rooting the device, installing clockwork recovery, and playing with updating the Gmail app with another from custom recovery.