Impulse IM 7120: NO app store!

funnyberger

Oct 30, 2012
I recently received an Impulse IM7120 and quickly realized there is no App Store or Google Play app installed.
Obviously, without the ability to add apps to this device it renders it virtually useless. I may as well have a personal digital phone number organizer from the 1990's.
Anybody have any ideas on how to get this paperweight off the ground?
I've tried using the browser to install apps from play.google.com website, but the site only allows me to install to my phone.
I've also done a factory reset, but to no avail.
The quick start up guide has an image of the App Tray and there is an icon in the top right corner that says 'shop' and has an image of the Google shopping bag. However, my device does not have that image displaying. It's just blank space. I've tried tapping in the area hoping that maybe the icon just simply wasn't displaying. Again, no luck.
I'm wondering if Impulse is a worthless brand, or if maybe I got my hands on a fake.
Thanks in advance for any input!

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
fb - you could try this :

Last edited by a moderator:

funnyberger

Oct 30, 2012
Well, It looked extremely promising.
Got the apk file installed and the Play Store icon showed up. When I tapped it, it took me through google's login setup. Once that was done it went to the screen you typically see right before all the images of apps etc populate the screen (kind of a grey screen). Then I got a notification "Unfortunately, Android System has stopped" with an 'ok' button. When I tap the button it just stays on the grey screen indefinitely.
I've cycled the tablet off and back on. Same scenario.
Thanks for your input anyway.
I'm gonna give Amazon App Store a shot, and also look into the 4shared.com website to see if I can manually load each app I want (what a lot of extra work!)