iMX515 epad froze, cant switch off or do anything

lfawcus

Dec 22, 2010
Hi im from the UK and got myself, as advertised, and Android e-pad. Not much information was given and on the box it simply ses Android 2.2. Inside is a small piece of paper with 'User Manual' written on and no instructions!

The processor is Freescale iMX515 800MHz ARM Cortex A8
The OS is Google Android 2.2 Froyo

I switched on and was shown a home screen with few applications, no marketplace! which the guy told me would be there and it isnt!

I then loaded a downloaded camera application and it has frozen my epad (or apad?) I dont know.

Anyways when I loaded the app it said 'initializing camera' and has been for the last hour, how can I reset my tablet using the buttons on the pad? as I cannot access any part of the system, it is all frozen

Ive had this an hour and already not a fan!!

Please help :(

tae254

Dec 20, 2010
There is no external reset button on the device?

Have you tried holding down the power button.

If none of that works, try letting the battery run out and then turn back on.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
From power off, hold menu and home buttons down and then press power. This will get you into recovery mode. Then choose to wipe to factory defaults (selection with the front home button, scroll with menu and home keys)

lfawcus

Dec 22, 2010
ah right thanks, i did that and the same apps have loaded up

I dont have a market place or was not able to enter a 'setup' when i switched on

Im new to tablets and not sure how they work, but I understand I need a google account which I should have logged into on first boot?