Indentifying my Tablet - Rockchip LY-090.

SmeeMalc

Nov 17, 2010
Hi all. I recently purchased this tablet from 'TabletStoreUK':

Buy Rockchip 10" Android Tablet Online - Tablet Store UK - B-Grade stock -

The tablet is the one displayed in the enlarged images on that site, i.e. 3 buttons on the front face and no charging indicator LED.

Unfortunately, when I received the tablet there was no mains charger in the box. Having contacted customer service I have received a replacement charger with an ouput of 5v - 2A. However, the settings panel of my tablet constantly indicates that the battery is not charging and the percentage battery remaining appears to be a little 'erratic'. Do I have the right mains charger for my tablet - should it, for example, have an output of 9v instead? Additionally, I cannot get my WiFi to start up, but that's another problem!

The information I have been able to glean from my tablet is as follows:

Model: LY-090 (there is additionally an iRobot badge on the back of the tablet).
Firmware Version: 2.1
Kernel Version: 2.6.25
Rockchip Version: 1.2.7 (ruiguan)
Build Number: RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100803.203502

I hope I have supplied enough information to allow someone to help me! Please don't hestitate to ask if I need to provide anything further.

Thanks in advance!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Wifi is a little erratic with this platform as well. That has been my experience. If the battery is not charging, you need to return it. Do not waste your time with a product that has obviously not been tested properly.

SmeeMalc

Nov 17, 2010
Hmmm. TabletStoreUK have changed the model that my link directs to now - this is the model I have Tablet PC
Xaueious, thanks for your input, I too was coming to the conclusion that it would be better for me to return the tablet to the supplier rather than spend any real time on it trying to find out what the problem was!