InfoTM update wrap found! Firmware Verison: 11.2.1.8.2.0

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I just hope now, somebody brings some solution to this screen problem.....

There are two (2) update files for "hwver" 11.2.1.8 of which the second one might have been created to correct the issue the of the screen not being responsive. A fresh attempt using the second file might resolve the issue.

11.2.1.8.2.0 - http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.1.8/11.2.1.8.2.0_beta3.ius 64.5 MB (67,676,672 bytes)
11.2.1.8.2.1 - http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.1.8/11.2.1.8.2.1.ius 64.5 MB (67,676,160 bytes)

HTML:
11.2.1.8.2.0_beta3.ius

Company: error
Board:    error
FileNum: 11.2.1.8.2.1
Size:    64 MB

Image List:
U0 (248.5 KB)
RD (173 KB)
LK (2370 KB)
ADD_USER (4.5 KB)
ADD_AS (63294 KB)
HTML:
11.2.1.8.2.1.ius

Image List:
U0 (248.5 KB)
RD (173 KB)
LK (2369.5 KB) <Note only difference from above, assume this is  Kernel>
ADD_USER (4.5 KB)
ADD_AS (63294 KB)
From your previous attempt with using another method and ROM, you'll need to DELETE the old partition on the microSD card that was utilized.

Make sure you delete the 705 MB partition created previously with WinHex method or the 706 MB that was created when using the IUW method.

Note: Win 7 seems to challenged with Disk Management and the IUW tool.

Using XP, click Start > right click My Computer > left click Manage

Under Storage click on Disk Management

You should now see this window.
$Sd_image.JPG
Click on the SD card first partition (down in the bottom right section of the window) and you should get an X on the tool bar which is Delete. Delete the partition so the card is blank no formatting either. The micoSD card should now report Unallocated.

Once it's all Unallocated use the IUW tool and select the 11.2.1.8.2.1.ius file following the http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ex7-android-2-2-froyo-using-microsd-card.html or Alternate Step 4. Alternate Step 4 using the USB port should work if you follow those steps and load the proper drivers but again, Win 7 seems to be challenge so only XP or Vista 64 attempts have been reported as successful.

Until I wiped the old partition off from previous attempts when trying to identify the update method, it wasn't recognized. I also used a basic 2GB microSD not a SDHC card as my card reader couldn't see the SDHC type card. However, if the updates were not created properly by infoTM/Digital Gadgets, then you might have to wait until a custom ROM update is created by the user community.

Good luck and Post your results.

Last edited:

st0ne

Mar 1, 2011
In reference to deleting the partition on the SD card under Win7 64bit:
Here's how I did it.
Click Start \ all programs \ accessories
Here is the command prompt. Right click it and run as Admin

it will open a black window with a c:\ prompt
here is the list of commands you will enter
diskpart - may take a second or 2 to start
list disk - this will show all the drives on your system. look for the size of your SD card that is the one
select disk # - # being the number of your SD card from the list disk table
list partition - this will show you the partitions on your SD card.
select partition # - # being the number of your partition from the list partition table (this should always be 1, but listing the partitions will resolve any conflict)
delete partition - this will delete the partition and your SD card will be ready for the wrapper tool! IF there is an "in use" error you can use the override command:
delete partition override - ready for the wrapper tool!

This works on win7 64bit. Should work on Vista as well. But I don't remember if XP has the diskpart command or not.
Someone could check?

xandercage

Apr 7, 2011
There are two (2) update files for "hwver" 11.2.1.8 of which the second one might have been created to correct the issue the of the screen not being responsive. A fresh attempt using the second file might resolve the issue.

11.2.1.8.2.0 - http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.1.8/11.2.1.8.2.0_beta3.ius 64.5 MB (67,676,672 bytes)
11.2.1.8.2.1 - http://222.73.93.45/update/11.2.1.8/11.2.1.8.2.1.ius 64.5 MB (67,676,160 bytes)

HTML:
11.2.1.8.2.0_beta3.ius

Image List:
U0 (248.5 KB)
RD (173 KB)
LK (2370 KB)
ADD_USER (4.5 KB)
ADD_AS (63294 KB)
HTML:
11.2.1.8.2.1.ius

Image List:
U0 (248.5 KB)
RD (173 KB)
LK (2369.5 KB) <Note only difference from above, assume this is  Kernel>
ADD_USER (4.5 KB)
ADD_AS (63294 KB)
From your previous attempt with using another method and ROM, you'll need to DELETE the old partition on the microSD card that was utilized.

Make sure you delete the 705 MB partition created previously with WinHex method or the 706 MB that was created when using the IUW method.

Note: Win 7 seems to challenged with Disk Management and the IUW tool.

Using XP, click Start > right click My Computer > left click Manage

Under Storage click on Disk Management

You should now see this window.
View attachment 2029
Click on the SD card first partition (down in the bottom right section of the window) and you should get an X on the tool bar which is Delete. Delete the partition so the card is blank no formatting either. The micoSD card should now report Unallocated.

Once it's all Unallocated use the IUW tool and select the 11.2.1.8.2.1.ius file following the http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...ex7-android-2-2-froyo-using-microsd-card.html or Alternate Step 4. Alternate Step 4 using the USB port should work if you follow those steps and load the proper drivers but again, Win 7 seems to be challenge so only XP or Vista 64 attempts have been reported as successful.

Until I wiped the old partition off from previous attempts when trying to identify the update method, it wasn't recognized. I also used a basic 2GB microSD not a SDHC card as my card reader couldn't see the SDHC type card. However, if the updates were not created properly by infoTM/Digital Gadgets, then you might have to wait until a custom ROM update is created by the user community.

Good luck and Post your results.

I tried the update file from second link provided by you, but it is having same problem. Screen is not responding to any touch, so it is not going any further.

I also tried to use a different OTG cable assuming that the cable with me is defective, but then also it is not getting detected in Windows XP machine. I just wish, somebody can help me do wonders now with this tab.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I tried the update file from second link provided by you, but it is having same problem. Screen is not responding to any touch, so it is not going any further.

I also tried to use a different OTG cable assuming that the cable with me is defective, but then also it is not getting detected in Windows XP machine. I just wish, somebody can help me do wonders now with this tab.

I doubt a mouse connected to the Host port would be recognized during the firmware boot but you might want to give it a try. Otherwise, you might want to pay attention to the efforts to unpack the .ius file into it's individual parts - U0, Ramdisk, Kernel, User, System and then you'd be able to replace the appropriate code to allow the touch screen to respond.

We need some insight to what portion of the code/firmware controls that feature and then an attempt to fix it can be investigated.

If you don't want to bother, contact DG for a replacement based on update fails to load not allowing you to access to the tablet screen.

JPardee

Mar 26, 2011
Just checked for an update on my unit.
Downloaded and installed the following:

InfoTM update wrap found.

Ablepharous

Dec 20, 2010
I got the new update found, But when I updated nothing changed.

Sent from my p7901a using Android Tablet Forum