iOS vs Android for Tablets

May 18, 2012
Hi All,

I'm thinking of buying a tablet soon and I am contemplating between an iPad, Galaxy Tab 10.1 or an Eee Pad Transformer.

I own an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S2) and I'm loving it like crazy. However, I also own an iMac and iPod touch which seduces me for its countless apps and seamless integration on all Apple devices.

Having familiarized with both; Apple's iOS/OS X ecosystem as well as Google's Android OS--I noticed the latter is barely restrictive and offers more open choices than the former.

Should I get an Android tablet, which one is better: Galaxy Tab or the Transformer series and why would an Android tablet be more convenient than an iPad?

Your help would be appreciated.

May 18, 2012
Thank you Frederuco! Your advice helps as did the link you sent me. I can clearly see the open source advantage Android gives for a more wholesome user experience now :cool:

tazz3

Feb 23, 2012
i own a brand new transformer 300 tablet and its awesome.it has the quard core cpu 1 gig of ddr3 memory. this thing is fast.its better then the 101 and to me its better then the 201.plus ice cream sandwich is smooth. its much better then the ipad

Roosterq

May 20, 2012
I don't like the iOS simply because they have a tendency to bottle you into their software, and do not play Flash. I have not found anything an iPad can do my Asus transformer can't. iOS is not for me. Biggis reason, Android devices cost less and do all the same things. Why pay more for less functionallity?

AllanMcCain

Jun 24, 2012
Android. Android is more flexible when it comes to changes system features and settings for better gaming. There are more android devices much better then the iphone to support suoerb gaming experience like the S3. Android is less strick when it comes to third party applications and games while Ios is very strick.Android features that can be considered advantageous over the iPhone | Techyv.comcheck this link for other guides why android is better . In addition, android devices are moe powerful compared to iOS devices when t comes to processor and graphics and display particularly with samsung tabs

macthecat

May 16, 2012
Hi
Android is far more open than IOS, i have both an Ipod and an android tablet and have just yesterday purchased an android phone.I weighted up the pros and cons of an Iphone v android it didn't take long to form an opinion based on my experiences and price which is better value, offers a more involving and evolving user experience and perhap most improtantly andriod is developing much faster than IOS it is taking the lead and IOS is now following that lead!