Irulu 10.1" Tablet - help IDing model # and info to factory reset

RHBlakeman

Jan 16, 2015
Daughter has had an Irulu (I know from the splash screen, no printed brand on the case) 10.1" tablet stashed for over a year as her niece used it and put in a new username and password last time she used it but doesn't remember what the email address was and she forgot the password so it's locked with too many pattern attempts. My daughter just wants it wiped to out-of-box factory at this point. I'm not even sure what model it is but it has an RJ45 network, micro HDMI, 2 standard sized USB with a micro SD slot between them and an earphone jack on the right side (oriented with the camera lens at top) then a reset on the bottom, nothing on the left and the top is speaker holes, on/off, volume, menu, home and to the far right the wifi on/off.

No markings externally to show a model number, FCC number. If the splash screen didn't show the Irulu logo I wouldn't even know the brand.

I have tried numerous things to get to a screen that would let me tell Android to wipe clean. Only thing so far that did anything but boot normally (and go to the lock screen to enter the user and PW) was power and volume - and I got the same too many pattern attempts screen but it says SAFE MODE in the lower left. Have tried it with the power adapter attached and without. No change.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

hallv5

Jan 16, 2015
This worked on my Irulu 10.1" - press and hold 'power on' and 'volume up' button at the same time. Timing is critical to get them both pressed simultaneously so it might not work on the first go. That will bring up a screen where one of the options is a 'hard' factory reset that wipes it back to out-of-the-box status. Hope this helps...

RHBlakeman

Jan 16, 2015
I tried all those from the older collective thread before I registered to post. None worked. I have found out that this is an AX101 Irulu and that it's the same physically as an Eken M013S but I imagine the firmware and maybe even OS version are different. So I guess I utilize Google yet more to find something out since Irulu has zip for support.

Hallv I just noticed your reply, will try it the way you mention a couple more times and see

RHBlakeman

Jan 16, 2015
This worked on my Irulu 10.1" - press and hold 'power on' and 'volume up' button at the same time. Timing is critical to get them both pressed simultaneously so it might not work on the first go. That will bring up a screen where one of the options is a 'hard' factory reset that wipes it back to out-of-the-box status. Hope this helps...

Does the reset option screen come up before the Irulu screen or after? How long did you hold them both before letting loose?