is it possible to pinch to zoom on s7

sacooper34

Jan 23, 2011
is it possible to pinch to zoom on the s7? sorry if this is a dumb question but you will have to get used to them this is all new to me..lol

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
EASY ANSWER: Pinch and Zoom is a capability of the Capacitive Screen and is not natively available on the S7 resistive screen.

LONGER ANSWER: 1. Technically possible to do this on a resistive screen, it has been shown on other devices but the necessary code has not been tested extensively at all, and it is not very good. 2. There are now TWO variants of the S7, a capacitive screen model that is on sale in Europe and possibly Asia at the moment, and the resistive screen model which is the $299 version at Best Buy. It looks like if you could get the capacitive screen version in the US, it would run at least $75 more than the current model.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Yes there is! Tap the screen and you will get a Zoom +/- in the lower right corner of the screen

sacooper34

Jan 23, 2011
thank you pbauer i have the resistive and love it just curious. on another subject what is this overclocking thing? will that speed up the system and do you have to be rooted to do this.

me4tux

Nov 24, 2010
<cut> It looks like if you could get the capacitive screen version in the US, it would run at least $75 more than the current model.

Peter, So..... where and how can you buy one with the capacitive in the US ?

Thx.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Peter, So..... where and how can you buy one with the capacitive in the US ?

Thx.

Again, quick answer is you can't yet and I have not seen details on when it will be released here. Longer answer, find someone that is in Europe or going there and give them 350Euro...

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
thank you pbauer i have the resistive and love it just curious. on another subject what is this overclocking thing? will that speed up the system and do you have to be rooted to do this.

Overclocking is basically overriding the system setting that control CPU in order to "speed" it up. This does speed up the overall system, but YMMV. There are apps available that will allow you to do it without being rooted by getting root for the app only.