Is texting free?

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
Hey I was wondering if texting people on my galaxy will add extra changes to my bill. I called Verizon and he said he didn't know lol. Anyone have as answer?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

jbug

Nov 17, 2010
Hey I was wondering if texting people on my galaxy will add extra changes to my bill. I called Verizon and he said he didn't know lol. Anyone have as answer?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

My Verizon plan charges 20¢ per text.

I'm currently on the 3GB plan.
You can pay extra each month for these text plans:
250 texts for $5
500 texts for $10
5000 texts for $20

The two higher plans include unlimited mobile to mobile. (which I don't understand - aren't all texts mobile to mobile?) I never used texting so maybe I'm missing something.

Last edited:

alnova1

Nov 20, 2010
My Verizon plan charges 20¢ per text.

I'm currently on the 3GB plan.
You can pay extra each month for these text plans:
250 texts for $5
500 texts for $10
5000 texts for $20

The two higher plans include unlimited mobile to mobile. (which I don't understand - aren't all texts mobile to mobile?) I never used texting so maybe I'm missing something.

The Mobile to Mobile means you can text other Verizon mobile users for free...any other cell phone provider costs you.

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
Sprint has a true unlimited mobile to mobile plan. But I don't like sprint lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

Miami1683

Dec 23, 2009
if you have texting on your account like I do. It's $30 a month for ALL lines and since the tab has a phone number assigned. Its included in that plan

fishstick600

Jul 26, 2010
Hold on so if I have the 500 to anyone and unlimited Verizon to Verizon on my droid then since I "added a line" when I bought my tab the texts carry over to this device?

Miami1683

Dec 23, 2009
Hold on so if I have the 500 to anyone and unlimited Verizon to Verizon on my droid then since I "added a line" when I bought my tab the texts carry over to this device?

no you would have to have unlimited text on the account. Then your god to go. If bot its pay per text.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Android Tablet Forum App

Miami1683

Dec 23, 2009
Let me go back on this. It is pay per text unless you buy a text package on it. Your text package does not cover the tablet

Sent from my DROIDX

Dec 1, 2010
I downloaded textplus app from the market. It is a free app and you can text for free. It doesn't assign you a new number, but will show your name. Friends said it was a little different but it works.

Defender3

Dec 19, 2010
TMo texting is free with the 200mb plan. :)

FWIW - I've been with Verizon for years and have a Motorola Droid with them, but went with TMo for the Galaxy Tab. I bought it yesterday for $350US (Verizon was $599) and got unlimited texting with the 200mb plan.