Is there any tablet for using Skype with the webcam at decent video quality?

tuleggi

Dec 16, 2010
Hello,
as from the title I am looking for a tablet to use Skype with the webcam at decent video quality level.
Do you have any suggestion?
The idea would be to buy the table mainly as a videophone device through WiFI.
Thank you very much for your help!!
:)

Actually lots of android tablet pc can meet your requirements. :)
maybe a 10" with android 2.1 is good for you. How about this one?
10.1 Inch Google Android 2.1 Apad Tablet PC with Infomix ix220 Processor HDMI and Ethernet Interface
RAM: 256MB
Storage: 2GB
Camera: 2.0 Mega Pixel
HDMI output
G-sensor
$199

Thank you for yoru answer!
this would be fantiastic! coudl you be more specific? since I could not find any report of people being actually able to use skype with the microphone and the webcam

your requirements are actually general.. only skype and video camera will be ok?
i agree with anny34, there are actually lots of android tablets that can satisfy you.
How about this one?
aPad
The price is quite exciting, only will cost you US$82.90.
It is more cost-effective.
Android os 1.6 Operating System. With your Google account, you can download a huge variety of free and paid software from the Android Market.
1.3M Camera
256 MB Memory DDR2
Wifi
3G function
3.5-mm stereo headphone jack, Built-in speaker, Microphone
Compatible with WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, PDF, TXT, etc.

Thank you for your answer.

Although digging a bit more it seems that SKYPE videoconfereing is NOT workign for ANY android devices!!!

I am wondering why you are telling me to buy those devices if my "general requirements" (only one: to use skype with the webcam!) are nto at all satisfied.

I've never gotten Skype to run at all on my tablet.
I tried Fring, and while it connects and works, the microphone in my tablet is so poor that it's unusable.

I would put more faith in technical answers than folks throwing advertising for specific models out as an answer to a technical question.

This site has a lot of good information, but there is quite a bit questionable posting here at the same time, either from over-exuberant inexperienced users or from over-exuberant retailers looking to take advantage of the forum and influence what they see as potential customers.

I'm not saying that's the case here, but a grain of salt has to be taken nonetheless.

Last edited:
Back