Tablet Buying advice--new to this

Trooperski

Feb 22, 2011
I am looking to buy a tablet pc, either 7 inch or 10 inch for home use. I need these features: 1. be able to download books (bible and other books), 2. be able to view online videos, 3. be able to browse internet and use facebook and email, 4.needs to be color 5. $200 or under...preferably $150 and under 6. wifi. Things I would like it to have but aren't deal breakers are 1. a way to prop it up on a table 2. video camera for video conference 3.being able to rotate.
This will be for home use through wifi. I don't want a service contract. I have an iphone, so I am not really expecting an ipad cause I don't want to pay ipad prices, but something decent that will help me do the things I listed would be nice. The ones I was looking at were the Velocity Micro Cruz R101, Zenithing ZT180 (although over my price range) and this superpad--also over my budget:
Amazon.com: Superpad 10.2" Tablet PC, Google Android 2.1, Webcam, GPS, HDMI, USB, WIFI, 2 micro SD card slots: Computer & Accessories
I am leaning more towards the Micro Cruz because of the price.
Thanks in advance for any help!!!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
This is basically the same as the ZT180, just available locally and therefore about $70 more expensive than if you buy it from China directly.

If you do not need a 10 inch tablet, I would recommend the Coby MID7015 over this so you can at least have some real support.

Jusa

Feb 22, 2011
It's probably worth mentioning that the Superpad 10.2" doesn't support multitouch.

Trooperski

Feb 22, 2011
After researching some more, I have decided the 10 inch is the tablet for me. Now I am just stuck on either the zt180 or the superpad. Can I play adobe flash player videos on both? Which is the better product?

feverhost

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 26, 2010
It's a bummer that the SuperPad 10" is only Android 2.1.. no flash. For quite a lot of people, flash is a big deal. The next tablet I will purchase will be a 10" tablet, but it will at least run Android 2.2.