Is this a good buy from Amazon or a paper weight?

EvilEd209

Jun 21, 2011
So I am new to the tablet world and I am looking to get my first. Now, I want to preface this by saying I am not going to be a power user of this tablet in any way. I mainly want one that I can read my own PDF files from, maybe get the Kindle App and read some books, check email, light browsing, a chess app, and that is about it. That NetFlix option would be nice with an HDMI output but not required. I was hoping to spend less than $200 on this device.
So I found a bunch of these on Amazon:
Amazon.com: New 10.2" Superpad3/Flytouch X220 4GB 1GHz Froyo Android 2.2 ePad Tablet PC with 512mb ram GPS + BONUS KEYBOARD+STYLUS PEN+LEATHER CASE HDMI+RJ45 With PRIORITY SHIPPING From USA SELLER: Electronics
This seemed like a really good deal to me but I was hoping to get some advice from the experts. This seems like it is right up my alley, it runs the Android 2.2 OS, Flash 10.1 and has most of the basic stats I could want. I realize it is a clone, and that the battery is not the best but it is in the price range.

So, guys and gals… is this a deal or would I be buying a pile of junk?

Any advice would be very welcome. If you know of a better, higher quality table within my price range, let me know
Thanks,
Ed

philz

Jun 21, 2011
Well I got mine today and so far so good. Its no iPad but for the money its good. I only use it as a support pc when travelling and can see it as being good. For regular browsing a laptop is still my preffered hardware.

EvilEd209

Jun 21, 2011
And that is all I really want it to do. I see some of these tablets run into the $500 - $900 range and I ask, why not just buy a laptop for that price? I want to do some more research before I buy but thanks for the advice.

Ed