Issue with Screen Mirrored and upside down on a 7036-4

ajrimmer

Dec 11, 2012
I'm having an issue with my Coby Kyros 7036. The screen will become mirrored and upside-down (See attached pics). I rooted it using vampirefo's method but I didn't backup the stock firmware. I did a factory wipe via power button and down volume but it's still doing it. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

$IMAG0688.jpg$IMAG0686.jpg

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
I'm having an issue with my Coby Kyros 7036. The screen will become mirrored and upside-down (See attached pics). I rooted it using vampirefo's method but I didn't backup the stock firmware. I did a factory wipe via power button and down volume but it's still doing it. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Can't fix your problem, But this thread might help you with a backup:

Requesting Firmware Dumps from Coby Generation 3 Devices

You might also try posting your problem on the rooting 703x thread by vampirefo.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Need more info, installing root and gapps doesn't cause this, need to know exactly what you did to your tablet.

ajrimmer

Dec 11, 2012
Need more info, installing root and gapps doesn't cause this, need to know exactly what you did to your tablet.

I added some apps to it (Amazon App store, another app store that I can't remember the name of, Kindle, some games) but besides those and the root w/ gapps, that's all I've done. It started going totally wonky when I was using the Kindle app if that helps.

Thanks!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I need more info, trying to figure out what happened and not actually seeing it is almost impossible. What where you doing when mirror happened playing a game, eating taken a nap rebooting tablet? Right now I cant even guess what happened.

ajrimmer

Dec 11, 2012
I need more info, trying to figure out what happened and not actually seeing it is almost impossible. What where you doing when mirror happened playing a game, eating taken a nap rebooting tablet? Right now I cant even guess what happened.

It's happening no matter what I'm doing with it. When I wiped it after this problem occurred, the menu with all the options were mirrored and upside down. When I turn off the tablet and turn it back on the Coby start up screen would have this issue. It was doing it worse then it is now but I could be in an app, in the settings menu, or doing nothing and it would happen. To push any of the buttons on screen requires tapping it opposite of were the icon is located.

When I get home from work, I'll take a vid of it so you can see what is up.

Thanks!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Ok, that makes it more clear. You have a hardware problem, many things could have happened. Tablet got wet, dropped, or screen wire not plugged in fully or damaged.
Return the tablet, not a software problem, no way to fix this.

ajrimmer

Dec 11, 2012
Ok, that makes it more clear. You have a hardware problem, many things could have happened. Tablet got wet, dropped, or screen wire not plugged in fully or damaged.
Return the tablet, not a software problem, no way to fix this.

Thanks for the help vampirefo. Exchanging for a new one and I don't have to do it thru Colby support :)

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Thanks for the help vampirefo. Exchanging for a new one and I don't have to do it thru Colby support :)

You should be able to return the tablet to the place you bought it, either get a new one or refund.