Jellybean WiFi - Weak or Dropping Out

tobydell

Oct 25, 2012
Hello, I am not having poor wifi problems, I have an allwinner a13 7" tab on ics and a momo11 speed on jb, the speed I have to say picks up the wifi signal better
but when waking up from sleep mode initially says no wifi connection, then almost instantly it conects and is fine, I have had problems with my router however, not allowing connections, at present (as I type) pc, laptop and momo all connected, I have also found setting my htc wildfire as a wifi hot spot works great

akkra

Dec 1, 2012
hello,

after having intall jb on my tablet onda v971, all walking very well since one week, but since Friday I can not connect to the wifi, all seems to work, 5 bars connection, Networks ok but nothing to do ... véry strange..

HarryTabsAlot

Nov 30, 2012
Hey man how have you been. So I have the v711 and some wifi issues include holding the hand over the top of the back of the tablet reduces signal strength, and sometimes the wifi just doesn't connect when I tell it too, like it says saved but no connect. maybe issues with hosts file?

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
Hey man how have you been. So I have the v711 and some wifi issues include holding the hand over the top of the back of the tablet reduces signal strength, and sometimes the wifi just doesn't connect when I tell it too, like it says saved but no connect. maybe issues with hosts file?

Hi, i have noticed weak signal with the v701 on JB, i have noticed a difference in size to 1 file inside the JB update.zip/system/etc/wifi , to the one in 4.0.3, i cant see a reason why a file for hardware needs to be altered as there was no issues. You could try looking at both your update files and try swapping the file with root explorer if you find any difference or i will let you no when i get round to it, busy trying to port windows 8.

Last edited:

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Yes jelly bean has weak WiFi signal, it's all over internet what we don't have is a fix, LOL.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
True not on all device's, I ported cm10 for coby 8042 and 7042 tablets, both tablets have same hardware just screen smaller.
My 8042 has normal wifi but 7042 has weak wifi.

Only on cm10 rom, on any other Rom cm9, custom and so on 7042 has normal wifi.

iiDiabolusZz

Nov 9, 2012
True not on all device's, I ported cm10 for coby 8042 and 7042 tablets, both tablets have same hardware just screen smaller.
My 8042 has normal wifi but 7042 has weak wifi.

Only on cm10 rom, on any other Rom cm9, custom and so on 7042 has normal wifi.

Do both use same wifi package in original firmware?

lumatrix

Nov 2, 2011
Hi,
I have 4 Droids. The original Superpad(NOT) 2.2 10" with Alu Back. A MoMo7, iOcean Phone and newest arrival Onda 973. Both the Onda and the Superpad have alu backs and the WiFi on both is dreadful. I have 100Mbps and on my couch my laptop gets 70Mbps, My iOcean phone gets around 30Mbps ditto the MoMo7 but the Superpad and the Onda 973 both have alu backs and the speed is DIRE. Around 5Mbps from a 100Mbps is utterly hopeless.