Just Brought Wowpad Will Not Boot

jamespoo

Jan 17, 2011
my tablet powered by wowpad will not boot past a green screen that says powered by wowpad just got this broken already :(

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
sorry to hear that. Try turning it off all the way, then press and hold the volume up key and then the power on key. See if it will at least go into the bootloader.

MarcoGonzalez

Jan 16, 2011
Power up the Device while holding the black button located in the front of the device and menu. Let go of the menu+Black button at the same time after the screen shows up. I had this problem yesterday and Figured it out.

jamespoo

Jan 17, 2011
Power up the Device while holding the black button located in the front of the device and menu. Let go of the menu+Black button at the same time after the screen shows up. I had this problem yesterday and Figured it out.

just came out will boot in 1s and then went away but still same green screen :(

hunnypot

Jan 16, 2011
This is what is now happening with my device.

I was just pressing buttons when I noticed this...

When I get the green communication.. powered by wowpad screen, if i then hold the black back button with the menu button, after a few seconds in the middle of the screen in blue text says the words "KERNAL PANIC" and the Pad restarts.

If that helps anyone solve the problem...

jamespoo

Jan 17, 2011
This is what is now happening with my device.

I was just pressing buttons when I noticed this...

When I get the green communication.. powered by wowpad screen, if i then hold the black back button with the menu button, after a few seconds in the middle of the screen in blue text says the words "KERNAL PANIC" and the Pad restarts.

If that helps anyone solve the problem...

im going to see what this dose i really want it to work im wild wasted $350NZD

hunnypot

Jan 16, 2011
Sorry, I should have been more clear. My pad restarts back to the green screen of death then hangs again

johnfrankiej

Jan 3, 2011
Have you tried holding the 'home' button? What i mean is don't let it go until recovery screen appears. It could be a different button, just keep testing different buttons.
Do you have the reset button on the side of pad (opposite side to buttons)? I haven't tried this yet, but it should reset your pad. Use a paperclip to hold it in while you power on *guess*

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

kmitch80

Jan 25, 2011
hye guys, im in the same boat... Just got mine yesterday.... worked for about 3 hours, turned it off then back on, now i got the KERNEL PANIC! blue icon in the middle of the screen. I emailed the company, all they have told me so far was to reboot the system then immediately press and hold, in this order, menu, power, then the black circle button... keep holding until a new screen comes up that says, "press the required keys for a factory reset", which is the same thing, press all 3 simultaneously. For me, didnt work. So i've been playing with it ever since. I did find a recovery mode tho.... turn on the pad, then immediately press and hold home and the vol- for 4-5 seconds, release and shortly after you should get the android recovery screen. use the vol keys to move and the menu key to select. try the wipe cache, and the factory reset. hopefully this will help you guys, so far for me.... nothin.... still workin on it tho.

tweak_ginger

Jan 25, 2011
Resetting Infortm X220:
Press and hold both the POWER and HOME buttons until you reach the Globe/Lightning screen.
Release both.
Momentarily you will come to reset screen with 4 options.
Using VOLUME +/- move down to option 2 and select using MENU.
Then using volume +/- move down to option 3. In here move down to the line that says YES. Select using MENU.
Then +/- move down to option 4. Select using MENU.
Then select option 1 to reboot.

NOTE: You will need to re-register your tablet again after reboot. Have your registration number ready!

Last edited:

bustanut666

Jan 25, 2011
yeah.. mine bricked after i started messing with the update.... so i had to redo the tablet by updating to later version.. works great now..