Just got the Vizo 8"

edgar.poodle

Sep 19, 2012
OK, so BigLots had a sale on the Vizio VTAB1008 ($150). After reading some reviews on this forum and others I decided to give it try. At that price I felt I could mess around a bit. After my wife saw mine she wanted one as well. It may not be the most powerful or biggest but it does what I want at an acceptable response rate. I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of documentation. In fact, what is available (a sort of app on the device) seems to be geared to Gingerbread, not Honeycomb. I'm trying to find a way to change the wall paper for the home screen(s). The "instructions" call for touching the customization button on the top-right of a home screen. There isn't such a button. Anyone know how to set wallpapers on this thing? Vizio support was rather clueless.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi edgar, congratulations on your new VTAB and welcome to the forum. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. I'm not sure about the Visio, but on many tablets long pressing on the home screen will bring up a menu that allows you to do things like change the wallpaper. Worth a try.

edgar.poodle

Sep 19, 2012
No joy on the "long press" trick. Works on my LG Android, but not the Vizio. Hey if this is then only thing so far I'm not heart broken. Not being able to change a wallpaper is a first-world problem. :p