Just ordered a viewsonic G tablet 10

dmcfarland

May 15, 2011
Hi I just ordered a viewsonic G tablet with the ten inch screen. What should I expect and what needs to be done to it once I receive it. The superpad I ordered was out of stock so I spent a 115 dollars extra for this. I would like to get a usb mini to rj 45 so I can connect it to my hub. I hope I didn't make a mistake. I don't mind rolling up my sleeves and doing some work. I am tooling with Linux on a scratch drive so doing some work isn't foreign to me.

Thanks

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Welcome to the G-Tab, you made an excellent choice. Main thing you are going to want to do is follow this decision tree:

1. a) Run Stock or b) Root and Flash
2. Go with a) a stable Froyo or Gingerbread build or b) go straight to Honeycomb
3. If 2 is A, then are you going to go with a) 1.1-based build or b) 1.2-based build. If 2 is B, then you have to go with a 1.2-based build

if you answer those three questions, it will go a long way to what threads you want to read before your tablet comes.

hope that helps!

dmcfarland

May 15, 2011
Thanks for the heads up. Ill most likely root and flash it. I don't want to use the stock rom they have on their because I heard its a real stinker. I would like some point for them to provide a drive so I can pop a 3g stick in their so I can get uninterrupted internet access. I know its not 3g internal, however it doesn't make sense that they didn't include a driver that allows it to run a 3g stick. I'm very computer savy so flashing and rooting shouldn't be a problem for me. I use linux and have been building PC's since 1992. Thanks for the info. I am loving these forums so far. This is why android kicks snob pads rear end. I also want a coby pad as well, just to tinker with it and maybe give it to a relative.

Last edited: