keyboard case - is there cursor on screen??

bustanut666

Jan 25, 2011
hi, just got the case with keyboard from ebay... just wondering if the cursor appears on the screen when its plugged into the flytouch2?? i initially had 1561 firmware on it and i upgraded to 1623 lastnight.. and now the cursor is on the screen.. i could of sworn the cursor did not appear on 1561.. but i could be wrong..

don.fief

Jan 19, 2011
I have the same case, with the usb keyboard, and am running 1170 firmware. There is indeed a cursor in the center of the screen. Quite annoying...

Don

Silverwizard

Dec 24, 2010
That's really strange,I have the same case/keyboard & don't have a cursor showing (unless I plug in a mouse of course).
Bizarre!

Silverwizard

Dec 24, 2010
Hi bustanut,
Just noticed you're running 1623,I guess you know that's not an official update & it's known to be buggy!

bajra79

Jan 22, 2011
I too am runnin 1561 and there exists the cursor arrow in the middle of my screen with the keyboard plugged in.

Silverwizard

Dec 24, 2010
Just a thought guys,couldn't you just plug in a USB mouse & move the cursor off screen,then unplug the mouse,
not a perfect fix I know but got to be better than a cursor in the middle of your display.

Appychappy

Jan 24, 2011
I just got my keyboard/case and I too have the mouse arrow on the screen but that happens in windows if you have not plugged in your mouse.
So I plugged in a mouse and it works So now I'm going to get a trackball mouse off ebay for twelve dollars. that way i dont need a flat surface to use it.
I also have a four hub usb extention . I plugged it in and plugged the keyboard and a mouse into it and they both worked leaving me a spare usb socket on the machine.
Tomorrow I will plug it in a see how many memsticks I can plug in before it rejects one.

Appychappy

Jan 24, 2011
O.K. so I plugged in my 4 port usb extention and tried various configurations. I put 4 memsticks in it and the keyboard in the second usb slot. the file manager recognised all 4 memsticks and the keyboard worked. I then took one memstick out and replaced it with a mouse and everything was o.k. So any config is o.k. It also recognised the sd card at the same time. I have to buy another sd sometime and then my superduper will be complete, just awaiting 2.2.