Keyboard Folio Case for Acer Iconia Tab A500??

tvdinner

Jun 24, 2011
I am searching for one of these, like the ipod keyboard Case with keys and now the Xoom has new bluetooth keyboard folio case also.

I specifically want a folding folio case with keys and not a separate keyboard.

Is there one for the Acer Iconia Tab A500?

Will the new Xoom one work with our tablet? It is the same size?

I look forward to any feedback you guys have.

tvdinner

Jun 24, 2011
I have seen that one, but there seem to be a bunch of threads about problems with it on other forums. There has to be a keyboard folio made for the acer. there has to be.

minni mouse

Jun 7, 2011
I was about to purchase one of these from ebay. I haven't seen any reviews good or bad about them. could you possibly send the link to the ones you've seen?
Thanks

luckybadback

May 17, 2011
Just wanted to share this tidbit about the case for ipad that has a built in kb. I purchased one before returning an IPAD and IPAD 2. Real quick the thing was garbage and did not hold the device in place excep by gravity. So say you have it on your lap or gut if you happen to be laying down enjoying your new ass kickin Acer and you move your device has a good chance of going sliding or flying off. In the end I returned both Ipads in my opinion overpriced and under delivered. I actually had more fun using my Droid X phone than either offering from apple. I am not a basher they have a great following but I wanted more. Fortunately the day i returned the 2 i had planned on looking at the Xoom but they were putting out the Iconias and the guy at the store fired one up and it took about ten mins of comparing the specs and actual devices and 15 mins later I was home with the Iconia and it was spot on and by now everyone knows this device was a hidden gem for a long time with a nice price and room for expansion. Cheers...Ken

Sent from mbut y A500 using Android Tablet Forum

luckybadback

May 17, 2011
Google acer a500 accessories as there are many options with reviews now available

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

luckybadback

May 17, 2011
I was about to purchase one of these from ebay. I haven't seen any reviews good or bad about them. could you possibly send the link to the ones you've seen?
Thanks

Hello,

Go to google and search for exactly what you are looking for. Many of the big department stores that sell the tablet now carry some accessories. If you are unablt to locate in best buy or radio shack you can find all kinds of goodies on Amazon, EBay buy it now has many fairly priced accessories. Good luck. One last thing, I am not sure if you tried thumb keyboard 4 which is a bargain at under two bucks. This is by far my best non Game find for my Iconia, still the best Tablet out there when you consider Quality+Price =Value, not a better value around and I haven't even gotten under the hood to tweak this bad ass....Cheers [email protected]

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

tvdinner

Jun 24, 2011
I received mine today - pretty slick -
I am going to try to do a full review in the coming days but almost all buttons work. Typing is fast and responsive, and this only cost $19 on Ebay. So far pretty good.
The top is not as secure as I would like but I will look at this more tonight.

$folio2.jpg

$folio1.jpg

robdroid

May 4, 2011
I received mine today - pretty slick -
I am going to try to do a full review in the coming days but almost all buttons work. Typing is fast and responsive, and this only cost $19 on Ebay. So far pretty good.
The top is not as secure as I would like but I will look at this more tonight.

View attachment 3233

View attachment 3232

Purchased the same case as in above post off ebay too.
Works well, has kickstand to prop up screen when typing.
Minor issue- case closure flap is magnetic- once opened and folded back the strong magnet in the clasp affects the A500's compass. So for apps which use the compass- remove the A500 from this case.
My case came straight from the ebay importer- took about 20+ days to arrive from China.
Very nice case with keyboard for $30 including shipping.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I have a SONIQ case which is actually for a 10.2 netbook. The A500 fits in there nicely with all gadgets including KB. Cost me $39-00