Keyboard for S7

miker49er

Feb 23, 2011
Woohoo!

I previously reported I couldn't get a USB keyboard to work with my S7. That was with the stock 2.1 BestBuy ROM.

Now with Indonesian 2.2.2, standard USB keyboards work fine--I just hook them up with the same OTG adapter I use for USB storage. Tried it with two different keyboards, no fussing around. It just works!

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
FYI, Just spoke to a friend of mine who is visiting from china. He has a brother in the export business in HC and is looking for a US partner. He is going to try to get me batteries, cases, and perhaps even the elusive docking station in bulk quantities. Will let you know within the next few days but this could be huge.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Tablet Forum

kerndlboy

Apr 19, 2011
finally got it working!!
You need a Nokia OTG-Adapter for the keyboard (must be OTG, normal microUSB adapter won't work)!
With that it's just plug-and-play! No drivers or software needed, very cool!
USB-sticks are also possible to use: just look for "USB host", there is a good description on androidtablets.

all the best
kerndlboy

JFer

Dec 19, 2010
finally got it working!!
You need a Nokia OTG-Adapter for the keyboard (must be OTG, normal microUSB adapter won't work)!
With that it's just plug-and-play! No drivers or software needed, very cool!
USB-sticks are also possible to use: just look for "USB host", there is a good description on androidtablets.

all the best
kerndlboy

Works with standard keyboard?

Angelic1marie

May 6, 2013
I have s stock of Keyboard for my cheap China Pad. It costs about US$20 from market. I try to connect it with my new S7. Greatly, it works with S7. Because it is Mini-USB connector, so I use one converter Mini-Micro USB (US$1). Most keys are working with S7 Tablet.View attachment 2253
I just got the exact keyboard as you've shown, i plug it up, the three lights flash, but it doesnt connect. Do you know if i need to download something or Change the settings on my tablet? Thanks for any answers i really appreciate it.