Kindle app crashing: Please help

gmpdmd

Aug 5, 2010
So I've had my Gentouch running great for several months now, but I've just recently started using it as an e-reader...I know what took me so long. The Kindle app just keeps force closing on me after reading a few pages. I've tried with Wifi on and off and it seems to make no difference. I've re-installed it with no success. I tried installing the memory manager discussed before. Nothing is helping. I'm running Lincs V3 and have been for months. Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions??

gmpdmd

Aug 5, 2010
I am not using start up killer or task manager. I have not tried app prior to experiencing current issue. I installed it awile back but never downloaded any books til recently. Now it just keeps force closing. Any help is greatly appreciated.

mindwave

Jul 6, 2010
ok, here is what I would do.

first install some type of advanced task killer

second, uninstall anything that you dont need/use - I rememebr when i got mine I installed everything I could get my hands on, then I started wondering why everything was so slow/unstable. - no memory. uninstakked a BUNCH of stuff and everything improved

lastly - find and install a startup control app. there are tons, search the forum and you'll find lots of references.

Then run he task killer RIGHT after boot, after everything settles down and note EVERYTHING that you dont want/need to run immediately. again search through here there are several recommendations.

then load the startup killer to disable the autostart of those apps and reboot.

That will make such a HUGE difference in your experience you will think you have a new tablet.

also if you havent already, kill the live wallpaper that comes pre installed

THEN download a new copy of the kindle app and try that and let us know how it goes.

J

gmpdmd

Aug 5, 2010
Well I tried all that and it still won't work :( so I think I'm gonna reflash lincs V3.

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
I had the same thing happen with my WM8650 after the last couple of upgrades to Kindle. I found an older version of the Kindle.apk, installed it and the problem went away. No more upgrades for me.

As a side note, the Kindle app on my Lenova A1 just resently started telling me about 1/3 of my books were invalid, and now shuts the tablet down when I try to use Kindle. No fix for that yet. I think the latest upgrade has some issues at least on my tablets. Everything still works fine on my wife's iPod.