Kindle App

tremdaniel

Aug 5, 2010
Hey guys,

Can anyone recommend a good/cheap tablet that is able to utilize the Kindle App? I'd rather not spend 140.00+ on the Kindle. I currently have an HTC Incredible and would love to find a tablet that is similar in performance. I apologize if someone else has already asked this question and I will continue to read through the different threads to make sure of this. I will gladly look at any suggestions; so post what you think is relevant.

Thanks!

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
There's $100 Epad/Eken M001, but if you are going to get one of those you might as well get a Kindle instead of running the Kindle app. You are not going to find anything close to the incredible at $140+.

Those things aren't that great for anything but ebook reading. I tend to struggle to recommend those because the CPU is really bad.

Augen Gentouch if you can get your hands on one is the closest thing I'd recommend, if you don't mind a non functional Android market.

Edit: correction. If just for ebooks, get yourself an EkenM001 or Epad. It's fine for text, but don't expect to use it for much of anything else.

tremdaniel

Aug 5, 2010
Ok, so around 200 then? Does the Kindle app just require 1.6+? If that's the case I should be able to just go through the other advice threads and pull a suggestion. I just want a device that will be able to do more than read ebooks. How about just throwing any suggestion regardless of price? Or just throwing out devices I should stay away from. Thanks again.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I'd recommend the Augen Gentouch because that device has a real dev team working on making it better at XDA. That's the best bang for buck of any device out there today.

You must be willing to wait for more stock though.

Otherwise, there are other TCC8902 variants. But none of those are going to be as good as the Gentouch.

The WITS A81E is not quite there yet in terms of Android functionality even though it has the most powerful hardware any generic tablet out on the market. I personally would avoid anything with a VIA WM8505 chip because that chipset is really weak.

The TCC8902 is the most promising platform of all of them.

tremdaniel

Aug 5, 2010
Thank you for the quick replies. With XDA supporting it, a person can't go wrong; so this will be the device I attempt to find. Thank you again.