New member trying to pick a device

Fonzie2k

Oct 19, 2011
Hey everyone!

In the past couple weeks I've become really interested in getting an android tablet and all of my searches seem to bring me here. I've done a lot of research on tablets and at this point I'd like to start off with one of the very low end tablets.

I'm looking to spend close to $100 but I can go up to $200. I would like something that will play .avi files, run flash, and serve as an internet browser. I'm not concerned with screen size as long as it is 7inchs or greater. I'm only looking to watch movies and surf the web. I also value being able to add storage (this is why i haven't preordered a kindle fire) Multi touch would be nice, but i'm not set on it. I realize how cheap I am looking

I have looked at a number of Chinese tablets but there is very little information on most of them and I'm worried about spending my money and being stuck with a brick. Any features beyond what I listed would be gravy.

I don't know how naive I'm being by thinking I can find something worthwhile for this price

Any suggestions?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hey Fonzie, welcome to the forum. I'm glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. Since you have a pretty good idea what you're looking for in a tablet, I'm moving your post to the Android Tablet Discussions section of the forum. That's the place to go for "shopping" information and someone over there should come along and help you. You might also want to look over the threads that are already posted in that section and do a little more research on top of what you've already done. The "Sticky" threads at the beginning of the section are a good place to look for information. Good luck finding "your" perfect tablet.:cool:

mickey

Nov 5, 2010
I am in the same boat. Only problem is I can't trust China tablet specs. The battery, camera, WiFi, bt inevitably seem to have problems with honest specs.

Apart from the above my other requirement is the Android market. If there is a tablet in the $200 range I'm interested!!

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Tablet Forum

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
I am in the same boat. Only problem is I can't trust China tablet specs. The battery, camera, WiFi, bt inevitably seem to have problems with honest specs.

Apart from the above my other requirement is the Android market. If there is a tablet in the $200 range I'm interested!!

Sent from my Desire HD using Android Tablet Forum

lol... first, maybe you had a bad experience on China products, but i'd like to tell you that you still can buy a decent tablet PC under $200 from China.
And you know that, HAWEI, HTC, Lenovo, even Apple products are all made in China... so, just be careful and choose a good supplier who do honest business...
Good luck!:)