Kinpad I600 7" Capacitive, Phone 3G GPS Wifi HDMI 2.2

Sorry for the bad experience. I'm still waiting to get mine back I hope its better.

Sent from EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

Did you get your unit back? I sent mine in. Merimobiles says 2-3 weeks return. The bad part is I told them I did not want the same unit back, but now that they have it in there hands they are claiming a repair when I specifically asked them for a replacement. Ill update in 2-3 weeks.

Did you get your unit back? I sent mine in. Merimobiles says 2-3 weeks return. The bad part is I told them I did not want the same unit back, but now that they have it in there hands they are claiming a repair when I specifically asked them for a replacement. Ill update in 2-3 weeks.

Not yet and I'm pissed. I sent mine back to China. They keep telling me its going to ship soon.

I got mine back today. It is a new tab. The sim and SD slots have a sliding cover. I will post more once I get time to play.

Attachments

• $IMG_20110705_192010.jpg
    $IMG_20110705_192010.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 322
  • $IMG_20110705_191908.jpg
    $IMG_20110705_191908.jpg
    742.8 KB · Views: 339
Better late than never! Plus it's encouraging to see that they're actually supporting the device. I have to say that I'm still very happy with mine.

Also, it appears that even if I could successfully play a HD film on my device these films do not let you play via HDMI (assuming the Galaxy Tab dock works with Kinpad).

Hey folks!

ShowChina just told me, that there will be the new Android 2.3 firmware for the I600 available very soon!
Hopefully this week!
They will send me the URL to the firmware.
For sure, I'm going to share the firmware here, as well ;)

In addition, there will be no release of a 1GHz version of this tablet. Some guys mentioned that earlier in this thread. ShowChina is not able to overclock or implement a new CPU.

Best regards
Grand

Hey folks!

ShowChina just told me, that there will be the new Android 2.3 firmware for the I600 available very soon!
Hopefully this week!
They will send me the URL to the firmware.
For sure, I'm going to share the firmware here, as well ;)

In addition, there will be no release of a 1GHz version of this tablet. Some guys mentioned that earlier in this thread. ShowChina is not able to overclock or implement a new CPU.

Best regards
Grand

Great news. I'll power mine up tonight to see what's on it. I got to find my sim card first. I think my daughter was playing with it and now it is gone.

Can someone post the latest firmware? I powered mine up and it says v2.8 is available. It had only V2.5 on it but I cannot get to the FTP site to download.

Thanks,

I got mine back today. It is a new tab. The sim and SD slots have a sliding cover. I will post more once I get time to play.

Great! Im glad to see you got your returned unit. Did they send you a new charger and cable?

How did you install it?
Did you remove the Brut Map from system/app?

Care to share more.

I tried the same thing as you several month ago, with no success mite I add. Basically the reason I wanted to install the new google maps is for google maps street view option. Street view will not work correctly with the brut mod version for some reason it crashes.

Great! Im glad to see you got your returned unit. Did they send you a new charger and cable?

Yes new charger and cables. They are same type, but didn't fall apart when I took them out the box.

Mates, I put last firmware that is puted on ftp site, and mine Kinpad is bricked now. Someone know one metod to unbrick?
Alread try put on sd card one older room , but dont work.
Actually I am trying locate one driver to connect for adb mode, but dont locating correct driver too.

Someone have one idea? can help me please?

forgive me about my english, I am Brazilian.

Mates, I put last firmware that is puted on ftp site, and mine Kinpad is bricked now. Someone know one metod to unbrick?
Alread try put on sd card one older room , but dont work.
Actually I am trying locate one driver to connect for adb mode, but dont locating correct driver too.

Someone have one idea? can help me please?

forgive me about my english, I am Brazilian.

Try downloading the older firmware and reload it. The driver install is in a previous posting on how to root the I600. "link below"

[APP]SuperOneClick v1.9.1 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App) - xda-developers

Last edited:
Welcome Busta!There's been some discussion re: GPS/A-GPS earlier in this thread. Go to page 11 and you'll see (it may start a couple of pages before).
Thx orson 4 helping..:)Really apreciate it...Anyway... i heard this kinpad hv an updates for gingerbread...But i search it everywhere..its kinpad 2 that compatible with the gingerbread..the diff between kinpad 1 and 2 is the back cam...kinpad 1 dnt hv a back cam...Is the 2.3 os can really compatible with kinpad 1?Sry for my bad english...:)

Last edited:
Try downloading the older firmware and reload it. The driver install is in a previous posting on how to root the I600. "link below"

[APP]SuperOneClick v1.9.1 (Root, Unroot, Enable Non-Market App) - xda-developers

Brother,

I alread tried use drivers on this package, but is same of google default drivers.

Alread tried too put first firmware in SD Card, but nothing occours. If I press Volume + and Power, is showed blank screen just and nothing more.

When I press Return Button and Power (when tablet is connected on PC), my pc show one i.mx51 and install default adb drivers.

But in ADB application no devices are showed.

Thanks for help

Brother,

I alread tried use drivers on this package, but is same of google default drivers.

Alread tried too put first firmware in SD Card, but nothing occours. If I press Volume + and Power, is showed blank screen just and nothing more.

When I press Return Button and Power (when tablet is connected on PC), my pc show one i.mx51 and install default adb drivers.

But in ADB application no devices are showed.

Thanks for help

Sounds like your PC has the correct drivers but still has issues with communications between the two, Im no linux pro, but you do have the option to send it in for repairs.

Back