kyros 7127 apps to nand?

crazythunder

Dec 5, 2011
i'm a long time android user,got g1 on day one. i just picked up a 7127 for my daughter for christmas. i rooted it. installed android market. no problem. i was trying clockworkmod but i saw it had issues with hdmi out etc,so i'll hold off on that. i installed a bunch of apps and see they are going to internal storage and i have about 90 mb's free. while the nand has over 3 gigs free. what am i missing? is all that nand just for music and video? if so, i guess i should have read the specs better. moving them to sdcard will help, but i just assumed i'd have more space than 100 mb's or so.thanks in advance.

ok, i see just like on my g2x, moving apps to sd moves them to the nand. answered my own question. just hope i don't run out of internal storage as some apps cannot be moved.

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
You may want to use Link2SD (look for a thread about it on 7022 for more info), or use FWDN to repartition the internal space (dangerous).

crazythunder

Dec 5, 2011
thanks much for that info. i might just partition a card and try the links2sd. much appreciated. i did move a bunch of apps already from within the phone settings and it gave me some space. so i'm just wondering what are the benefits of an app like this?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Over the normal system App2SD? A few, for example, if you mount the tablet storage on your computer the apps in the Link2SD partition still work. The dev shows more info, I don't remind all. The main reason for me is that App2SD uses the same internal storage where apks are installed usually (internal space/NAND), while Link2SD can use a partition anywhere, with batch mode, etc, move libs and other files as well.

Rhaurison

Dec 11, 2011
i just picked up a 7127 for my daughter for christmas. i rooted it. installed android market. no problem.

How did you root it?
I am having problem with z4root
It run without error, however some apps was running ok before root now will crash once i try to open it, and all those that require root access will crash too.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
How did you root it?
I am having problem with z4root
It run without error, however some apps was running ok before root now will crash once i try to open it, and all those that require root access will crash too.

Z4Root won't work AFAIK, you need latest SuperOneClick while using the correct drivers for your tablet in your computer in order to recognize it in Debug mode. Please see other threads about.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
apps2sd app or just in manage applications you can choose to move to sd card which moves apps to nand memory. Clockworkmod = a recovery no problems with hdmi or anything. You are mistaking clockworkmod with an actual custom rom called CM7 (cynogenmod)

crazythunder

Dec 5, 2011
apps2sd app or just in manage applications you can choose to move to sd card which moves apps to nand memory. Clockworkmod = a recovery no problems with hdmi or anything. You are mistaking clockworkmod with an actual custom rom called CM7 (cynogenmod)
yea, i realized that after reading more. so i just stuck with cwm. it's only for my kids so at least i can restore it after they ruin the os lol. i wish i would have seen only 256mb for storage though. i read a little but didn't see it mentioned in any reviews or anything. i might have bought a better one. but for a 12 and 15 year old, the kyros is a good starter tab. i just wish i could make in app purchases from the games. for some reason, i have old market with few options. i've tried several. not sure which date,hdpi etc. to get the latest market. but like i said, it's good enough for the kids. my only real issue with the 7127 is the cell standby running at 75% or so constantly. i guess i'll dig around xda for that one.

nba1341

Jul 4, 2011
yea, i realized that after reading more. so i just stuck with cwm. it's only for my kids so at least i can restore it after they ruin the os lol. i wish i would have seen only 256mb for storage though. i read a little but didn't see it mentioned in any reviews or anything. i might have bought a better one. but for a 12 and 15 year old, the kyros is a good starter tab. i just wish i could make in app purchases from the games. for some reason, i have old market with few options. i've tried several. not sure which date,hdpi etc. to get the latest market. but like i said, it's good enough for the kids. my only real issue with the 7127 is the cell standby running at 75% or so constantly. i guess i'll dig around xda for that one.

well if you want full market access since you are rooted already you can change dpi in your build.prop to 160 if you have the latest market installed 3.X version. This will make all apps show up and can be installed such as facebook, flashplayer, etc.

Here is the new market in case you want to experiment. Make sure to clear market data and cache one you change dpi.

crazythunder

Dec 5, 2011
well if you want full market access since you are rooted already you can change dpi in your build.prop to 160 if you have the latest market installed 3.X version. This will make all apps show up and can be installed such as facebook, flashplayer, etc.

Here is the new market in case you want to experiment. Make sure to clear market data and cache one you change dpi.
i think i tried that market before with no luck. my problem is not about apps showing up. i see them all. i'm not sure if i have the latest market. when i hit menu, i only have 3 options....search,downloads and help. i'm not sure if that is what everyone else is seeing. my main problem is making in-app purchases. one game, stair dismount, requires you to buy extra characters from within the game, no market option for the extra characters.
i'll try one more time with the link you posted. believe me, i had the g1 on day one and have been using adb and all that other stuff for sometime now. so i do have a very good idea of how to do this stuff. it's just the in-app purchases that bothers me. maybe someone can chime in and confirm whether or not they can make in-app purchases on the kyros 7127? if so, i'd keep on trying lol. if not, i'll leave well enough alone.
my other kids7127 arrived today. i'm gonna copy the nand backup to the sdcard and hope i can get the same setup on both tabs. i'll be happy just having market on both of them. maybe i'll have better luck trying it on a fresh unrooted tab. will report back. thanks for everyones tips.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
i think i tried that market before with no luck. my problem is not about apps showing up. i see them all. i'm not sure if i have the latest market. when i hit menu, i only have 3 options....search,downloads and help.

What's your Market version? It seems that you're running an old version. If it's true, that's why you cannot make purchases. Update to a newer version, and then you will have to change lcd density (and clear app's data) in order for it to work.

crazythunder

Dec 5, 2011
ok. on the 2nd tab i got today....i rooted it. installed cwm. backed up stock rom. installed everything from gtab.zip in this order..

1. GoogleServicesFramework.apk
  2. OneTimeInitializer.apk
  3. SetupWizard.apk
  4. Talk.apk
  5. Vending.apk
  6. Gmail.apk
  7. Maps.apk except when i got to step 5, i substituted the 3.3.12 market. i now have the newer market on 2nd tab i set the screen density to 160. went to the market, and one of the games i bought said "not compatible with your device". ????.i'm gonna see if i can simply overwrite the 3.3.12 on the 1st tab. if that doesn't take, i'll try a factory reset and repeat the process that worked for me. UPDATE i installed all my apps from a titanium backup on the other tab. the game that said "not compatible" loaded, and all my in-app purchases were installed. thanks for everyones help. now for tab number 1 grrr.

Last edited: