Kyros MID-7015 and 7005 Ultimate Guide Discussion Thread

dyoung111

Dec 30, 2010
boy im dumb. got that figured out, now i'm stuck on the triangle/green guy screen when attempting to install the google market. any thoughts?

thrill41

Jan 1, 2011
what did u do to resolve the triangle with the exclamation point and the green guy? ive already ran clockwork mod and im trying to get google marketplace on there

dyoung111

Dec 30, 2010
what did u do to resolve the triangle with the exclamation point and the green guy? ive already ran clockwork mod and im trying to get google marketplace on there

Hi,

I reset the tab, and then reran step 5 and 6 from the recovery instructions. the menu appeared and i was able to install google. good luck

trthskr4

Dec 23, 2010
Anyone else's tablet freezing up when attempting a backup using CM? Mine gets to varying points of the backup process (currently "Backing up data..." then 111) and just stops and is totally unresponsive.

Fixed: Loaded a different CM recovery image and all is well in my Android world for now.

demo1962

Dec 10, 2010
Hi I'm stuck here as well but can't seem to get the terminal emulator installed on my Coby.
What is the usb keyboard? And the coby cable is that just the usb cable that came with Coby?
Please help!

Catb,

You need to run AppsLib to download and install Terminal Emulator. If AppsLib is not working, then you need to upgrade to AppsLib2. Then you use the short Coby cable to connect one end to Coby and other end to USB Keyboard. Next run the Terminal Emulator and Coby screen will reply.

Good Luck !!

tzcnd

Dec 30, 2010
A big thank you to everybody who posted information to this thread. After a few hiccups I was finally able to root, perform the clockworkmod recovery and install Android market. What a difference this makes - it turns the Kyros from a average tablet to a spectacular tablet. Now that I have Android Market installed I can say without a doubt that this is the best $150 I have spent in a long time. All we need now is Android 2.2.

To anybody who is on the fence about buying a Kyros because of the Coby name on it go ahead and make the leap to the Coby side - you will be pleasantly surprised. If you already have the Kyros then take the time to performs these mods and you will be shocked at the new found ability of your tablet.

Once again, thanks to everyone who provided this very useful information.:)

wmjlca

Jan 7, 2011
I have the zroot file on my sd card. It shows up in my file manager on my coby kyros, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to 'install' it from there. Can someone help me out please?? TIA

wmjlca

rdawes

Jan 7, 2011
When doing the ClockworkMod recovery, where does the backup image get stored - on the PC or on the SD card?

If it's the SD card, what's the minimum size needed for the file?

Thanks
Bob

wmjlca

Jan 7, 2011
I am trying to install the windows folders and ADB drivers. I am at step 7 and do not see the usb_driver folder. Any ideas??

wmjlca

Jan 7, 2011
I have the zroot file on my sd card. It shows up in my file manager on my coby kyros, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to 'install' it from there. Can someone help me out please?? TIA

wmjlca

I got this to work by downloading a different file manager.

trthskr4

Dec 23, 2010

wmjlca

Browse to it in file manager and long press it. Should be a menu pop up and give you the option to install .apk via "package installer" right under the "delete" option.

Otherwise get it through apps library, if you can anyway.

cc993

Jan 8, 2011
I got to this point in the clockwork install guide (9. Type adb reboot recovery and press enter). When I pressed enter my tablet went blank ,then my pc started installing new drivers.Now in device manager it shows as "adb interface" under that says (fastboot interface google usb id).Tablet now doesnt do anything.Is there anyway to get it to turn on?
Thanks for any help