kyros mid7015 and usb mass storage

Joey1320

Nov 26, 2010
Using a ScanDisk Cruzer 8GB flashdrive for movies and picture viewing at the moment with no problems.

meltwater

Mar 18, 2011
I'm using a card reader. Same issue as others I connect it and get the messages on the status bar of connecting USB external storage. The card reader mounts on scsi and I can copy across the photos I want. But unmounting is not so easy.
With a simple Gscript I have "umount /scsi" I can unmount the card reader. Checking with AndExplorer scsi is empty now.
But when I unplug the the card reader I still get the ring tone and warning that the storage device was disconnected expectantly.
I'm still googling for an answer.
I was wondering the same thing as you. For me I get "preparing sd card" pop up in the notification area and then there is nothing in the notification area like you get for mounting externally etc.

I've rooted my device, so when I run "terminal emulator" I tried the following:
su
umount /scsi

but I always get failed. I even listed my mounts and tried:
umount /dev/block//void/8:1
But that fails too.

Commands like "umount /dev/block//void/8:1 /scsi" and "umount /scsi -f" are rejected. This might be Terminals Emulator's support of the command maybe.

I would have thought though, if your script does remove it from AndExplorer then it won't be accessible from the system (which means you won't get damage on removal, it just hasn't informed the system). If you list your mounts ("mount" on its own) has it been removed? If so, you should have no problem for removal.

I'll try gscript perhaps.