Kyros Owners; Are you happy with your kyros?

avic77

Feb 7, 2011
If you bought a Kyros are you happy with it or do you wish you had spent more for a different tablet?
I am about to buy and I am really torn about spending $150 for the kyros7015 or bumping it up and spending $250 for a Nook Color or $275 for a Archos 70. I'm just not sure how much tablet I need.

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Very much so. My Kyros will keep me happy until 3.0 comes out.

Ridgeland

Dec 14, 2010
I'm happy with my Koby MID7015.
It's my first Android device and I've learned a lot since December. $150 was enough for me to invest in this adventure. I doubt it will be my last tablet. I'm hoping for Linux on tablets but this will do fine for me for a couple of years while that happens.
Compared to Nook --- This is an LCD not an e-ink, I use it to read books but if your main objective is reading books while lying on the beach in Gulf Shores then go with the Nook as it will be better out in the bright sun. (A nice day dream for us Wisconsiners with foot of snow on the ground.)
My main comparison shopping specs were:
4GB - plus add card for 16GB more
Android 2.1
$150

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Actually the NookColor is an LCD device. The regular Nook is e-ink but not a tablet.

avic77

Feb 7, 2011
I'm not likely to be laying out on the beach with my tablet... i burn easily and usually avoid the beach ;) but it's less then an hour away so i do go every once in a while (they have a great shop with the worlds best fudge IMO at Gulfshores Beach)
But I do want to have the ability to read books while at the doctors, waiting for kids at school, and a bible app for church. I also want to put my belly dance music and Choreo videos on it to practise by. Games... for fun when i am bored but i'll always end up at the desktop on WOW if i am home. I want to check emails, maybe facebook, write shopping lists, etc. It would be "fun" to have camera to record dance classes to review later but not a major issue since i could take a regular camera then put the file onto the tablet later.
So i think Kyros would satisfy my needs.

GotNet

Jan 1, 2011
Love mine - haven't looked back! Bought it as an ereader but use it for surfing and connecting to work without dragging out a laptop.

ethiele

Feb 9, 2011
I love mine. I use it for reading ecomics ,watching some digital copys of movies. Spent about a week installing equivalent aplications as my win 7 computer. The HDMI output is a lot better than Iexpected (video and sound included in the output).

salzybaby

Oct 5, 2010
I love mine. Very happy for its intended purpose. Internet, facebook, forums, movies, pictures, and some light reading. I have a great bible app. Bible.tv from the market. Free... Its got tons of versions. I was looking for a parallel version for study but this does the trick.

All in all the kyros has been pleasing. After this experience, I'd look into other coby tablets...

Sent from my Samsung Mesmerize Galaxy S

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
I love mine but I will say that I'm glad I did my homework first to get the right updates, learn how to sideload, etc. With the effort you are putting in to learning about it, I think you'll be happy with the kyros. I will say that if $250 is in your price range, you could always wait for the MID7025. It should be a bit of an upgrade. Good luck.

Sent from my MID7015

mwbbmw

Feb 3, 2011
Absolutely. I did quite a bit of research and while it might not be perfect you can't beat the overall offering, features and price. Eagerly awaiting the 10" that should be out soon but even so, this one far surpasses my expectations.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App