Latest CM7 stable on SD card, need to get books & other things working.

bugeyed

Jul 26, 2010
Can someone please help me get my NC with CM7 stable configured? I would like to know where to copy ebooks, photos & videos so they can be accessed by various apps in CM7. I only see the 1st partition when the SD card is in the PC & cannot see the NC when connected via USB & booted into CM7, so I can't sideload anything. Using File Manager, I can see all the right folders on the emmc, so I suspect that may be the best choice for sideloading books, 'cause I think I can still see those folders via USB. Any help in understanding the folder/partition layout will be appreciated.

Thanks,
kev

mmar141

Mar 23, 2011
Samba over wi-fi worked great for me. I was able to see all the files on my SD card. Also, for the USB make sure you download the correct drivers for the Nook. The drivers associated with ADB works well on my computer.

Last edited:

Legobricke

Mar 21, 2011
Plug Nook into computer via USB cable.

Look down in the status bar for the USB symbol...

Slide the status bar up to open.

Select USB connected.

Turn on USB storage.

You should then be good to go.

Lego

bike2002

May 5, 2011
If your wifi is up (both on your pc and your NC) then you can try one of the following apps to move files over the wireless connection:
-- awesome drop
-- dropbox

If your wifi on your NC is not up, then you can try to see if the "USB connect" works or not.

bugeyed

Jul 26, 2010
Plug Nook into computer via USB cable.

Look down in the status bar for the USB symbol...

Slide the status bar up to open.

Select USB connected.

Turn on USB storage.

You should then be good to go.

Lego
Thanks for this tip. Had no idea!! Works great.

Goldberry

Apr 29, 2011
I use ES file Explorer it accesses your shared folders on PC and you can set up Folders on the PC and move them to your SD card.