Lenovo A VS playbook

smalcom

Oct 15, 2011
HI,

Should I get a Lenovo A1 or a blackberry playbook.

Thanks guys.

I was faced with the same question when I bought my A1. These were my reasons for going with Lenovo:

1. RIM seems to be on shaky ground at the moment. In all probability thing will turn out OK for them, but it was/is a consideration.
2. Playbook does not run an Android operating system.
3. With no Android, there is no access to the Android and Amazon markets. This was probably my main criteria for going with the A1.

Having had my A1 for about six weeks, I can tell you that I am very happy with it. No, it's not perfect. It does not do Skype (and the front camera shows the user upside down), It would be nice if it was running Honeycomb, but for my purposes Gingerbread works fine. I have been through two Coby Kyros (MID7022 & MID7127) and had multiple replacements of each before I gave up. Tried the Velocity Micro PS47, but returned it when I discovered it wouldn't run Market or RoboForm (my password safe). Decided on the A1 and I am not sorry. Customer Service is not particularly wonderful (check the Lenovo IdeaPad forum sponsored by Lenovo IdeaPad Slate Tablets - Lenovo Community.

Bottom line; not perfect, but I am very pleased with the A1. Price/performance can't be beat in my book.