LG Will Demo Their Optimus Pad at MWC - Coming with 3D Display, Tegra 2, & Honeycomb

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
LG-Optimus-Pad.PNG

Rumors last year spoke of a new Android-based Tablet coming from LG called the Optimus Pad, and today those rumors become "official news". LG announced they intend to show off this device at MWC. They also "outed" some of its features. The following are a few of the highlights:
Honeycomb/Android 3.0
  • 8.9-inch 3D-capable 1280 x 768 display
  • Dual-core Tegra 2 processor
  • A front-facing camera plus a pair of imagers on the back allowing for 3D pictures
  • 32GB of onboard storage
  • 6,400mAh battery
Interesting... I guess LG is jumping on the 3D band-wagon too. Unfortunately for U.S. users, as it turns out, this one is for outside the United States; however, word has it that this one is really just a "re-badged" LG G-Slate, which is U.S. bound. We will know more from MWC in just over a week. Makes you wonder what marketing genius decided that it needed a different name for different markets...

Source: Engadget

superbike81

Jan 3, 2011
I really hope they announce a price and release date for the US version soon. I'm hoping it can undercut the Xoom by at least $100, but with all the 3D gadgetry, I don't have my hopes up.