License and Registration Problems

dariukstis

Nov 3, 2010
Hello,

I got flytouch 2, seller provided me a license key but tablet wont accept it.

According to version, it must be updated prior license key can be accept.

He sent me android.rar but I cannot understand how to use it.

I am putting it on TF placing in to one slot then another, after system boots system simply ignores content of TF.
Also extracted files, then placed the android folder with its content to TF, later just content of android folder to TF, but this does not make my system
to recognize and proceed with update when booting.

Please help

audelb

Nov 17, 2010
Will explain how it works on my Apad, not sure it will be the same as yours because it depends on the ROM you have. If I were you, I would do the following:

- Copy the file to the root of the TF card (in my case it was update.zip)
- Press and Hold the Power button + the HOME button for about 5 seconds
- You will get to the boot menu
- Move using the Vol + and - to UPDATE.ZIP (it might have a different label or expect a different filename and format)
- Select this option using the MENU button
- Haven't got this point myself, But I would expect this option to start applying the update, if not, I would move up and select the reboot option and retry.

Hope this helps. I have a power point presentation that I got from sinadeal that shows instructions. Tried to attach, but is too big. Will try to send it via PM to you.

dariukstis

Nov 3, 2010
Thanks for responds.

My supplier sent me android.rar file 367MB

It contains these files added in following structure (not sure why same in 3 folders):

android.rar

android\
----android\
---------android\
---------LOST.DIR
---------ramdisk.img
---------recovery-rd.img
---------system.img
---------uimage
---------userdata.img
---------zSYS.img
----LOST.DIR
----ramdisk.img
----recovery-rd.img
----system.img
----uimage
----userdata.img
----zSYS.img
LOST.DIR
ramdisk.img
recovery-rd.img
system.img
uimage
userdata.img
zSYS.img

My tablet is Flytouch2

Model name: chum
Firmwareversion: 2.1-update1
Kernel version: 2.6.32 hzhao@emma #1
Build number: chum-r2.1.1000

Have you got same ?

I know how to get to boot screen on my android, and I have option for update.zip, cant understand why seller send me rar ?

Also in boot menu bottom I get error E:\cache\recovery cannot find directory

Last edited:

audelb

Nov 17, 2010
They sent you the whole ROM, not sure how to flash it, but you might find the PDF file helpfeul.

Mine is a Flytouch2 as well, but:

Model Number: Deb
Firmware Version 2.1update1
Kernel Version 2.6.32.9 hzhao@emma1 #1
Build number: deb-r2.1.1001

dariukstis

Nov 3, 2010
All looks identical apart from model name and build name.

What is the size of rom u sent? Hope it can fit to gmail :)

dariukstis

Nov 3, 2010
Cant thank you enough for pdf!!!

I have added

ramdisk.img
recovery-rd.img
system.img
uimage
userdata.img
zSYS.img

on to TF

Pressed and hold power on button + home button + back button. System found file and updated successfully. Now got same:

Tested system update, tablet downloaded latest update, restated, updated, booted again offered to download same update again...

Last edited:

audelb

Nov 17, 2010
Check the email I had sent to support below as I'm having the same issue (still waiting for a solution). appears to apply the update, but it doesnt. Ideally, the system update should apply and just work.

the file you got their, is to completely change your ROM and for that I dont have instructions. Pay attention to picture number 3, in my case, it starts the update but craps out at about 20%.

"Well, it downloads the update, asks me to reboot, it reboots, after it starts it didnt updat at all, still shows the same version. Ive noticed that at startup, the update starts with a progress bar, but then it stops at around 20% and reboots. I never get an message saying the update failed, i know because it still shows build number deb-r2.1.1001 instead of deb-r2.1.1170. Wasnt easy to catch, but the third picture shows a progress bar that doesnt make it to 100 % and it never completes. Fourth picture is after the reboot, you see, the build is still the same."

Attachments

• $IMAGE_677.jpg
    $IMAGE_677.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 983
  • $IMAGE_680.jpg
    $IMAGE_680.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 1,141
  • $IMAGE_679.jpg
    $IMAGE_679.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 976
  • $IMAGE_678.jpg
    $IMAGE_678.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 1,080
Last edited:

dariukstis

Nov 3, 2010
Exactly same happens on my tablet.

Also after move from

Model name: chum
Firmwareversion: 2.1-update1
Kernel version: 2.6.32 hzhao@emma #1
Build number: chum-r2.1.1000
to

Some of built in apps are missing.

The guy in this thread got latest firmware installed or he received with it pre installed.

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/infotmic-based/2687-flytouch-review-noob.html

Check the email I had sent to support below as I'm having the same issue (still waiting for a solution). appears to apply the update, but it doesnt. Ideally, the system update should apply and just work.

the file you got their, is to completely change your ROM and for that I dont have instructions. Pay attention to picture number 3, in my case, it starts the update but craps out at about 20%.

"Well, it downloads the update, asks me to reboot, it reboots, after it starts it didnt updat at all, still shows the same version. Ive noticed that at startup, the update starts with a progress bar, but then it stops at around 20% and reboots. I never get an message saying the update failed, i know because it still shows build number deb-r2.1.1001 instead of deb-r2.1.1170. Wasnt easy to catch, but the third picture shows a progress bar that doesnt make it to 100 % and it never completes. Fourth picture is after the reboot, you see, the build is still the same."

Just did update as explained here
http://www.slatedroid.com/flytouch-ii/11976-11-7-update-here-confirmed-work.html

update failed, after boot on system asks to enter license over again, old license code does not work!!!!

Last edited:

cjadams51

Nov 28, 2010
Cant thank you enough for pdf!!!

I have added

ramdisk.img
recovery-rd.img
system.img
uimage
userdata.img
zSYS.img

on to TF

Pressed and hold power on button + home button + back button. System found file and updated successfully. Now got same:

Tested system update, tablet downloaded latest update, restated, updated, booted again offered to download same update again...
Can you please post the files and pdf you used. I really need to update my rom. I am currently at dory-925 and cannot use the deb-1170 update as it requires deb-1101.

audelb

Nov 17, 2010
I have tried the update, using http://www.slatedroid.com/flytouch-i...rmed-work.html

but didn't work. Reset to factory and tried the update again, and didn't work. I get: "SDcard cannot be mounted" and then "Installation Aborted", something along those lines.

Also, after I reset to factory my key no longer works. Guess I will have return this to seller as it has been a pain in the rear...

UPDATE: I have copied update.zip from link above (that seems to be down) to a different card. This time, it worked. Formatting the first card, didn't help at all. But, worked fine with the card I use on my cell phone.

Last edited:

dariukstis

Nov 3, 2010
In 1000 and 1001 problem with green screen (wowpad) freeze persists on both versions. Today I received from my supplier 1170 version. Will see how it goes.

cubeltd

Dec 12, 2010
Just updated my flytouch2, it's a bit faster now and wifi works also.
I've updated from version 925 in wich my license code (I had to ask for at the place I bought my device) wasn't accepted. But when I tried to register after this update and filled in my license code my device accepted the code????? strange isn't it

THNX for all the work you guys do

Greetz Jack

Ace

Nov 17, 2010

I have a WowPad, the same thing happened, I could not get it to ever auto-update.

I had to manually install via Burntool.

chipthamac

Dec 15, 2010
I bought a MID Tablet PC from a guy off craigslist and as soon as I got it home it asked to update. I tried, it vibrates, then goes to the reboot screen, then it just sits there. I tried this a few times, and thought maybe I wasn't leaving it alone long enough to update, so I left it all night, still on same reboot screen the next morning.
Now not only is it not updated, it is asking me for a registration number. The guy I bought it from won't text me back or answer the phone. I think I just got scammed out of 200 bucks. Merry Christmas right?

Kernal Version = 2.6.32.9 / hzhao@emma #1
Build Number = deb-r2.1.1001
Firmware Version = 2.1-update1
Model number = deb

Any help on this would greatly be appreciated. I have read this whole thread, and I see some ppl got pdf's or power points. I don't see any links to them though.