loading dvd`s onto my tablet

calmat

Jul 27, 2012
hi everyone

my name is calmat and i live in normandy in surrey, I am very new to android tablets and so I would like some help on getting my dvd movies onto my tablet

regards calmat

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi calmat, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Neuropad. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. For me, the easiest way is to convert the DVDs to a format acceptable to the tablet on my PC and then transfer them to my tablet. If your tablet has a Micro SD slot, you can simply put the MSD into your PC and copy/move the movies to it. Then, remove the MSD from your PC and put it into your tablet. If you choose this method, be sure to get a class 4 or higher MSD. There are other ways to do this via cable and wireless connections between the PC and the tablet so I'm going to move your thread to the
Android Tablet Video section where more folks can join in the discussion. Enjoy your tablet and the forum!:)

calmat

Jul 27, 2012
hello spider
thanks for information. Can you tell me what format works on my tablet and what programmes i would need to convert the DVD.

regards calmat

Hi calmat, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your Neuropad. Glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. For me, the easiest way is to convert the DVDs to a format acceptable to the tablet on my PC and then transfer them to my tablet. If your tablet has a Micro SD slot, you can simply put the MSD into your PC and copy/move the movies to it. Then, remove the MSD from your PC and put it into your tablet. If you choose this method, be sure to get a class 4 or higher MSD. There are other ways to do this via cable and wireless connections between the PC and the tablet so I'm going to move your thread to the
Android Tablet Video section where more folks can join in the discussion. Enjoy your tablet and the forum!:)

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
calmat,

I'm not familiar with your tablet or whatever player is installed on it, but .MP4 seems to be accepted by just about all the player apps available for download from Google and Amazon. I use a program called Any Video Converter that I downloaded free to do my conversions, but I'm not very fussy about the quality and you may want to try others that you can find by Google searches. You also should look at the products available from our Supporting Vendors DVD Catalyst and Pavtube Software Studio as they have some very nice products for converting videos. You might also be interested in http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...s-tv-shows-nfl-highlights-legal-websites.html for a little more variety in videos than your DVDs can provide. Just click those links and you'll be there.

Hope that helps,
Spider

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I use mp4 format. I started using Handbrake because it was free, but I found out that DVD Catalyst software for $10 is much better and takes the guesswork out of converting videos.

calmat

Jul 27, 2012
hi everyone

I have a dvd which was recorded off of FILM 4 on my television how can I get this to play on my tablet.

regards calmat

yilia

Aug 23, 2012
you need to convert DVD to the format like MP4 which is supported for your tablet.