Looking for a Generic Android OS manual

jlg234

Feb 22, 2011
I have a Pandigital Novel 7" Color Reader (Canadian ver running OS 1.5)

I now have a Coby Kyros MID7015A OS 2.1 - Rooted & with Google & Market installed.

I have noticed that both OS levels are generically the same in function.

The Manual I received with each device focused only on that devices abilities as sold by the vendor and I believe you are not given half of what is available. I have been looking for a generic manual that describes all of the Android functionality such as taking back-ups (total OS /Data) as well as the new command sets as the OS matured to the present 2.3. What commands are available when using a terminal emulator etc.

I know the new one is 3.X but I have heard that it is a much higher level than the 2.X series.

There are all kinds of manuals for Windows, Mac's, Unix-Linux etc but I can't seem to find anything on Android. I am not a developer and I am not interested in a technical manual on Hacking. I would just like a general overview of what each new OS level brings to the table and the common interfaces used to achieve the standard functions. I am also interested in the commands used within the Terminal.

Is there such a manual or book. IE Android for idiot's etc.

John

jlg234

Feb 22, 2011
Thank you very much - I guess I didn't use the word "Guide" in all my searches.

I thought it would have been a straight forward find.

John