Looking for good quality 7" Adrdoid 4.X tablet recommendations

baldzach

Jul 27, 2012
I have about $200 I can spend on a new tablet. I was all set to go with the Kindle Fire, but then I found out it doesn't have a camera, and at the least I'd like to be able to skype with the family when I'm away on business. So I started looking into these off-brand tablets and I've discovered there are a whole host of options out there I didn't know were possible to get.

My must haves are:

Android 4.X (ice cream sandwich, jellybean if available?)
Access to full android marketplace
Front facing camera for Skype
Wall charger or USB charger (would prefer both)
Ability to play all the standard games (Angry Birds, Words With Friends, Draw Something, etc.)

My wish list includes:

rear facing camera for video/still pictures (for facebook, etc., not for professional photography)
GPS
1024 x 600 resolution
ability to get a case/skin for it
warranty / durability

I know I'm not going to get an iPad or its equivalent for this price, but I want something that's going to be good and reliable and able to do more than I'll probably ever figure out how to do. I'm looking at the Elf II or Aurora II from Ainol at the moment, but niether have GPS or a rear-facing camera. Obviously, the less I'd have to spend to get what I want the better. So, experienced Android peeps, lay it on me. Recommendations?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi and welcome to the forum. This is an easy question the best 7" out right now is the Google Nexus 7. I would have a hard time recommending other 7" over that at the moment.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
+1 for the Nexus7. The only other one would be the Acer A110, but that has not been officially released yet.

The Nexus7 does not have rear facing camera or a microSD/USB port so I would definitely get the 16 GB version if I were purchasing it.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
I have about $200 I can spend on a new tablet. I was all set to go with the Kindle Fire, but then I found out it doesn't have a camera, and at the least I'd like to be able to skype with the family when I'm away on business. So I started looking into these off-brand tablets and I've discovered there are a whole host of options out there I didn't know were possible to get.

My must haves are:

Ability to play all the standard games (Angry Birds, Words With Friends, Draw Something, etc.)

My wish list includes:

rear facing camera for video/still pictures (for facebook, etc., not for professional photography)
GPS
1024 x 600 resolution
warranty / durability

I know I'm not going to get an iPad or its equivalent for this price, but I want something that's going to be good and reliable and able to do more than I'll probably ever figure out how to do. I'm looking at the Elf II or Aurora II from Ainol at the moment, but niether have GPS or a rear-facing camera. Obviously, the less I'd have to spend to get what I want the better. So, experienced Android peeps, lay it on me. Recommendations?

Hi baldzach,
Based on your requirements, i think the Cube Mini U30GT 7 inch Dual-core Tablet will be a better choice!
It comes with android 4.0.4, RK3066 Dual-core processor, High resolution(1024 x 600px)IPS screen, Dual camera, front and back are both 2.0 Megapixel; Back camera with flashlight, Wall charger or USB charger...for ONLY $148.99 in our site, can meet all your demands. welcome to order! :)

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011

My must haves are:

My wish list includes:

GPS
1024 x 600 resolution
warranty / durability

hello, here's alink to the best 7" tab from the best supporting vendor i have found, very reliable & trustworthy. well worth a look

Android 4.0 Tablet PC Ainol Novo7 Aurora with 7inch IPS Screen 8GB Android 4.0 Tablet PC Ainol Novo7 Aurora with 7inch IPS Screen 8GB [70407] - $173.99 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electronics Goods

hfksdkf

Jul 24, 2012
Nexus 7 is great, but no rear camera, but it is ok, you know, the price is available, if you need to take photoes , i think you can use smart phone.

Angus66

Oct 17, 2011
The Samsung Tab 2 meets all your requirements too.

+1

The Tab 2 7.0 does have expandable memory as well. Just recently MicroCenter had the Tab 2 7.0 for $199.99 in store.

The Nexus 7 is an overall better tablet though, even in light of the microsd slot.

geofferyh

Jan 4, 2011
Have to disagree people.

The best for the money right now is Ainol NOVO 7 Aurora (US$92 - US$130). It will give you all you need except for the "rear" camera. Order a USB AC Charger for around US$5.00 or less.

You still think you need the rear camera, check out the PiPo U1 at around US$160 (will be available around 8/15/2012) and, it is offered with Android Jelly Bean.