Looking for NetTalk.apk and why can't I download it from the market place?

jeanne8fr

Mar 30, 2011
Hello all,

I just received a little tablet from China. a Dropad D10 with android 2.2. I seem to be very limited in what I can install from the android.market site. Most of the time it says that it can't be found when I see on my PC that it's there. I am guessing that it's using the tablet ID and decides that all these programs should not be installed on it.
I did get some apk online that it refused to install and they are working fine.
Anyway if anyone has a solution for this, I would love to hear it.

Also I am looking for the NetTalk.apk app. I have driven myself crazy searching for it for 3 days now. This app allows you to make phone calls for free in the USA & Canada using the wifi. I have it on my iPhone and it's great. So if anyone can point me to where I can download it I would be very grateful.

Any other info you may have about this tablet will be welcome as well.

Thanks,
Jeannette

jeanne8fr

Mar 30, 2011
Are you sure that it exists for Android?

Yes: https://www.nettalk.com/smartphone

Also when I go the the android market place on my PC it shoes it here: https://market.android.com/search?q=nettalk&so=1&c=apps

But when I try to install from the tablet it doesn't show it. The problem is that my tablet is reported as "Sec MID_serails" (whatever that means) and that the market place has lists of devices and what can be installed on them.

This program is perfect for a tablet with no phone connection. It uses wifi only to make phone calls.

Can anyone download this and send me the .apk file?

Please.........

Jeannette

Last edited:

alloi

Sep 20, 2011
Dear Jeannette,

I do totally agree with you about why can‘t we just download the .apk and decide to put inside our device instead of letting Android market telling us that the device is not compatible with the item... I am spending , wasting lot of time looking for the apps I want and many of these apps found with Android market just can not be downloaded as it says my device is not compatible and in fact it IS completely (Android 2.3 !). ! I am reconsidering to buy the new A.P.E5 now... i am looking for .APK files for nettalk, XE Curency, lepoint, cnn,opera and so on... all refused with 'YOUR DEVICE IS NOT COMPOTIBLE WITH THIS ITEM" 。。。

KAMAL550

Jan 7, 2012
go to mediafire.com and search nettalk.apk its there and works on my vm8650 running honeycomb.hope this helps