Why can't I install some apps from Appbrain?

derelict

Mar 2, 2011
I have had my NC for about a week... been playing with it, read a lot of the posts here which are EXCELLENT in getting someone up to speed.

I have rooted my NC from both 1.1 and 1.0.1 (after reverting back to stock), have CWR installed, have installed the phiremod v2 rom, OC kernel to 1100 MHz, played with a bunch of apps...

But I can't seem to find a good "reason" why I can't find and install certain apps. I read in one place that maybe the app developer did not place the proper tags so the app market would show up for the nook. But I am just looking for a few basic apps:

wells fargo
southwest airlines
cathay pacific airlines
yelp

etc...

basically, I want to use my NC for most of the apps I have been using on my iPhone, but even if I find them in Appbrain, I can't install them. Is there another market I can look for them in? Or is there a site where I can download the .apk files and install manually? I found one of the apps I was looking for (tripcase) on getjar, but I can't find most of the others I am looking for...

any advice is appreciated.

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
The apps in the Market were designed for Android Phones... originally. Your nook was never meant to do what it does now. Not all apps work on all devices. Where one works on my NC, it might not work on my gtab.

Yes you could just google appname.apk and download it. You might not be able to find all of them.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
@OP

Most of those apps you listed can be found and installed from the Android market. You may have some other issue.

-Are you able to find them on a search in the Android Market with your Nook Color?
-What version of the Android market app do you have on your Nook Color?

You may just need to install the new market ap to list more apps than you are currently seeing. See below

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-app-fix-lack-apps-showing-portrait-mode.html

derelict

Mar 2, 2011
Thanks Rico, I will look into this. I thought I would be ok, I am using phiremod beta 2. But I go through the steps in your link and see if it helps!

derelict

Mar 2, 2011
My latest update: After following the directions to try and fix my issues with the Market, I was still unsuccessful.

I decided to play around with some different ROM versions, so I installed the latest CM7 Rom. After going to CM7, most of the apps that I could not find are now accessible! I like the CM7 rom quite a bit. I am not sure why this ROM works better than the phiremod beta 2 for me, but it worked for me!