Looking for recommendation 6-7 inch tablet.

Almaz

Jan 13, 2012
I need to buy a present mainly for reading Ebooks. Great battery life is a must. I'm looking for the following in the tablet:

1ghz ARM processor or better.
512mb of RAM or better
6-7 inch Capacitive touch screen
Must be slim and light weight.
Great Battery Life
Android 2.3 or better (be able to root and install google market)
Price range $150

Last edited:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
you might be able to get a used kindle fire for 150 but i would recommend spending the extra 50 dollars for it or you could probably get a nook color not to be confused with the nook tablet

onykage

Jan 11, 2012
150 is a hard number to hit unless you get on ebay and get one of the cheap nock off MID pads. Which btw are very cheaply constructed and usually have loads of hardware issues.

for 200 you can get the Pandigital SuperNova DLX 8" from QVC. Just google it. I have one, its easily rooted, plus comes with a load of free magazine subscriptions (well sorta), and the several e-reader apps. And when you root it, it basically becomes a cheaper version of a full fledged Gingerbread Tablet.

Sent from my Acer Android One Netbook using Tapatalk

Almaz

Jan 13, 2012
After looking for some tablets I found Ainol Novo7 Aurora with ARM A8 1.2ghz, 1gb RAM, Mali400, IPS 7 inch screen 1024x600 and Android 4. The price is $160. I'm all ears about your opinion.

Last edited:

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
I need to buy a present mainly for reading Ebooks. Great battery life is a must. I'm looking for the following in the tablet:

1ghz ARM processor or better.
512mb of RAM or better
6-7 inch Capacitive touch screen
Must be slim and light weight.
Great Battery Life
Android 2.3 or better (be able to root and install google market)
Price range $150

Hi Almaz, as for your requirements, i think the Ainol Novo 7 Basic with android 3.2 and dual camera or the newest Ainol Novo 7 Elf with android 4.0 ICS will both good choices for you, hope that's what you want! good luck!:)