Looking to add Android Market to coby mid8125

tootsr

Aug 29, 2011
Looking to add Android Market to coby mid8125, can I use the same rooting as mid7015 or mid7022?

FaDaPlaYa

Aug 16, 2011
I would recommend trying DaProspecta's non rooted method that is on YouTube. Worse case you delete the apps if thu don't work. I was wondering if you could post the exact specs of the 8125 in a new post as there is a lot of conflicting info on the web regarding your model and coby USA . Com seems to have no reliable info. I'm particularly interested in whether he screen is capacitive and which processor Is powering the 8025. Thanks!

pavic30

Nov 7, 2011
For the record, I just purchased a Coby Kyros Mid-8125-4G and am truly NEEDING to have the Android Market on it. I have a Square card reader and I need to have Android Market to download the app. The 8125 uses 2.3 Android, has 4GB flash, an 8" resistive touchscreen, uses a Cortex A8 processor with 512MB RAM, uses wireless 802.11 b/g and has a mini HDMI for video output. Do you think that this thing can be rooted? I cannot return it and am bummed about this Android Market thing. HELP!!

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi stef234237,

Welcome to the board, glad you could join us. Thanks for sharing that with us that method worked for you. :)

flasherz

Dec 14, 2011
I tried to use the non-root method and unfortunately it didn't work. The marketplace comes up with a few apps listed, but if I search, it spins and spins and comes back with "A network error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen."

After this, no network operations work anymore; the browser no longer loads any pages. Calling up Settings and going to the Wi-Fi to disable works, but clicking "Re-enable" results in "Error" until I reboot. So something's not working right here. Thoughts?

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
What model was this one flasherz? We have a set of coby forums here that you can sift through to see if anyone else has had this issue with the same model. The board search up in the top right under Settings link works good for this purpose too, try the model # of the Coby you did this on and "market" in the search and something is bound to come up on it. Welcome to the board, glad you could join us and I hope someone here can help you with your issues. :)

flasherz

Dec 14, 2011
What model was this one flasherz? We have a set of coby forums here that you can sift through to see if anyone else has had this issue with the same model. The board search up in the top right under Settings link works good for this purpose too, try the model # of the Coby you did this on and "market" in the search and something is bound to come up on it. Welcome to the board, glad you could join us and I hope someone here can help you with your issues. :)

Sorry, same as the OP - Coby 8125. I've been searching and most of the posts are telling me to use the 2.2 Market versions out there which breaks the Wi-Fi once you try running the Market app.

pasdf91aew

Dec 14, 2011
Sorry, same as the OP - Coby 8125. I've been searching and most of the posts are telling me to use the 2.2 Market versions out there which breaks the Wi-Fi once you try running the Market app.
huang4.jpg

huang3.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

ogjk941uty

Dec 15, 2011
After this, no network operations work anymore; the browser no longer loads any pages. Calling up Settings and going to the Wi-Fi to disable works, but clicking "Re-enable" results in "Error" until I reboot. So something's not working right here. Thoughts?
huang4.jpg

huang3.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

TechJunkie

Dec 16, 2011
I have MID8125 for about 2 weeks, out of the box its fairly handy caped, after following the advice below I have access to the market, and i have adobe flash 11 installed and firefox beta, vncandroid and allot more, and i been able to run anything that is compatible , its great tablet for the price, even set it up to run unity3d game code for development and it is not rooted and still running 2.3 gingerbread.

hope this helps

Install the following:

• GoogleServicesFramework.apk
  • GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk
  • GoogleCalendarSyncAdapter.apk
  • Gmail.apk
  • NetworkLocation.apk
Reboot the tablet and make all connections to Google.
This means you successfully get Google mail and the calendar up and working.

Now install the following:

• Market.apk (used to be called Vendor.apk)
  • MarketUpdater.apk
Reboot the unit and the Market app should work fine now.

cheers

Pastie

Dec 16, 2011
So I tried the above method and no luck, the file will not load. Is is possible I am downloading the wrong versions. Like maybe the 3.0 android versions?

Anyone know where I can get the proper files, I have not had any lucky... TIA

Pastie

Dec 16, 2011
So I found all the 2.3.3 apk, but I have tried two versions of the market and market updater and have yet to get them to open. Everything went great until I did the reboot and installed the last 2 market apk's.

What versions did you install of the marker and marketupdater?

Last edited:

Pastie

Dec 16, 2011
So I got the market 3.4.4, the new version on there, but I cannot download and I get a connection error, do i have a bad marketupdater.apk file?