Lovin' It!

TheGuac

Dec 31, 2010
Hey guys,

I just bought this tablet yesterday from BB after days of deliberation. I wanted a 7'' tablet but didn't want to spend $600 on the Galaxy Tab. The Nook Color was also attractive but I wanted GPS and 3G/internet when needed, so I decided to go for the Ideos S7. I'll be honest, some reviews scared me because of the battery life, lack of 2.2, and resistive screen. However, after getting it I don't know why people are so critical! I like it a lot and it is a perfect complement to my Evo 4G. Yes, the screen is not as nice as the NC or my Evo but for what I need, it's perfect. I bought a T-Mobile SIM last night and have access to internet on the go, GPS works perfectly and is beautiful on the 7 inch screen, resistive screen isn't THAT bad, and battery lasts me throughout the day. In fact, I took it off the charger at 5:45 AM and it is now almost 4:45 PM and it still has about 40% left. I browsed on it, played some Angry Birds (although I will admit not having capacitive screen makes the game slightly harder since no pinch to zoom), used the GPS, and have it checking email push from 2 accounts. That is almost as good as my Evo 4G battery life! I'm sure if I start using it more it'll die quicker but that's not why I bought the tablet in the first place.

It's also exciting to see progress on the development front (one of the other reasons I chose this over the NC, as the NC requires lots of time and faith). Hopefully more people will jump in and enjoy it. Happy New Year!

Last edited:

DCLocal

Nov 25, 2010
I agree Guac, the S7 battery life is much better than I expected based on early reviews of only two-three hours and reports it couldn't last a day even in standby. I can easily get a day with my usage. I also don't have any issue with the WiFi reconnecting after the screen going off. When I pick up the S7 to use after it's been left alone for an hour or so WiFi connects within about 20 seconds. This seemed to be a big issue with early reviews.

Overall I'm very happy with the S7 and can easily recommend it to anyone in the market for reasonably priced full featured tablet.

TheGuac

Dec 31, 2010
I agree Guac, the S7 battery life is much better than I expected based on early reviews of only two-three hours and reports it couldn't last a day even in standby. I can easily get a day with my usage. I also don't have any issue with the WiFi reconnecting after the screen going off. When I pick up the S7 to use after it's been left alone for an hour or so WiFi connects within about 20 seconds. This seemed to be a big issue with early reviews.

Overall I'm very happy with the S7 and can easily recommend it to anyone in the market for reasonably priced full featured tablet.

Oh yeah, my wifi has no problems starting back up after the screen has been off. It's now been 16 hours off the charger and 30% battery left. I plan to use it in the hospital as a quick access to medical records and 16 hours is a typical day, so this is great news! For call days however (30 hours), the charger or spare battery would be needed.

Oh yeah and happy new year!

squat251

Dec 26, 2010
your hospital is android ready? seems like thats a security issue, these arent really made for that kind of networking it shouldnt be easy at all to get into them with the tablet unless you guys run records off a website? where i work the computers are hard wired into a lan connection and all have a medical program front end that encrypts everything. they run off the mini server in the back office (i work at a doctors practice) and i daresay that it would be impossible without a custom app to get into them. i will say thats extrodinarily good life for a small battery running a 7 inch screen. how technology has advanced...

lotusflower

Dec 3, 2010
your hospital is android ready? seems like thats a security issue, these arent really made for that kind of networking it shouldnt be easy at all to get into them with the tablet unless you guys run records off a website? where i work the computers are hard wired into a lan connection and all have a medical program front end that encrypts everything. they run off the mini server in the back office (i work at a doctors practice) and i daresay that it would be impossible without a custom app to get into them. i will say thats extrodinarily good life for a small battery running a 7 inch screen. how technology has advanced...

Happy to know that all of you all have good battery life. It may be true for the earlier buyers (production batches may differ) that it doesn't last that long and have WIFI issues as mine still does. I bought mine in Nov. Yes, price was a point for not buying Galaxy or else would have.