Lumiread "CAN'T OPEN BOOK, UNKNOWN ERROR", "internal: E_OPEN_MISSING_EXT_GSTATE"

gordj

May 13, 2011
I just bought my A500 yesterday, but when I tried using Lumiread to open a couple of epub books, I always got the error "CAN'T OPEN BOOK, UNKNOWN ERROR", with the detailed info "internal: E_OPEN_MISSING_EXT_GSTATE". I don't have any issues opening the same epub books with stanza on my Ipod touch. So, I assume either Lumiread/A500 is buggy, or there is some subtle setting need be done.

Any helpful information is appreciated!

Gord

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I've had that happen to me too, Gord. I have an idea I'm going to play with tonight and I'll report back and let you know if it works.

gordj

May 13, 2011
thanks, raven312! Are you able to read at least one epub book or none?

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
From that site, I can read them all because I download in an alternate format and use on of my other apps to read it. However, I don't like being restricted (I'm spoiled that way!) so I'm going to find a way (if there is one) to use it in LumiReads.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Check out my response to your question on the Ereader topic. It's an extra step, but it's easy.

GOUGNARD

Jun 12, 2011
I just bought my A500 yesterday, but when I tried using Lumiread to open a couple of epub books, I always got the error "CAN'T OPEN BOOK, UNKNOWN ERROR", with the detailed info "internal: E_OPEN_MISSING_EXT_GSTATE". I don't have any issues opening the same epub books with stanza on my Ipod touch. So, I assume either Lumiread/A500 is buggy, or there is some subtle setting need be done. I

Any helpful information is appreciated!

Gord

I ve got the same problem , unknown error E_OK Does anybody has a solution ?
Thank you. Paul