Magic Value Mismatch

jfintexas

Mar 13, 2011
Looking for some guidance on a Magic Value Mismatch error message when powering on my GTab. I attempted to update the ROM (including installing Clockworkmod v08) per some instructions on the XDA site and now I find myself with a device that won't boot up - not even with the Vol+/Power startup keys. Same error there as well.

Anyone have any ideas?

jfintexas

Mar 13, 2011
Thanks Fuganater for the quick response. It was just easier to take it back and exchange it. I am going to do a little more research on here before I decide to change the ROM on this one :)

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
There are plenty of guides here to find out what to do. The sticky threads will point you in the right direction.

Wysdym

Mar 15, 2011
I have the same problem, I am worried that I have messed it up permanently. When I turn it on I get a nice ViewSonic G Tablet screen with the white birds then the red words Magic value mismatch. I was previously running Vegan 5.1 on my rooted Android 2.2 It worked perfectly until I read there was a ubuntu dual boot capability and now I messed everything up. I did have the sense to install clockwork before the vegan install. I am able to get to the clockwork but I can't really do anything with it. When I try to access the SD CARD I can't. I can not mount an external SD card due to an error, I can mount a usb but it doesn't do anything. I just do not know where to start, and unlike the previous poster, I can not take mine back because I bought it on clearance like over a month ago. If anyone can help I would be most grateful!

Can anyone help me here, or should I re=thread this?

Last edited:

jfintexas

Mar 13, 2011
Just an update that I did get the new Tablet charged up and flashed with the TnT 5.0.1 mod. Lovin' it!