Market not downloading

Delaney64

Dec 27, 2010
I recently deleted some of the bloat apps with root uninstaller , I double checked if they were safe to remove, and now the official android market will not download any apps.
I configured it to use my phones wireless tether, and it has full bars. My tablet can access the internet and everything but It will not download apks from the market, it has been stuck on "starting download" for the past few days.

I am clueless on what to do

edit: (Also appslib works fine)
Should I reinstall gapps?

Last edited:

Delaney64

Dec 27, 2010
oh damn...can any where I can get that apk? I dont feel like reformatting my tablet.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
just unzip the gapps-passion-blah-blah-blah zip, it should be in there. then push the talk service apk in to /system/app and change the permissions to rw-r--r-- and then run 'sync' in a terminal emulator or reboot

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
same problem here... i was just going to recover my backup from clockwork but when i tried it didnt work. it boot into recovery
select install zip fron sdcard,choose zip from sdcard,clockworkmod,backup and it shows the date i did it 2011-01-15.12.32.14

it says no file found. can i recover and load my back through terminal? or how would i push the zip. i hae been searching for awhile on how to 'reboot backup' also 'clockworkmod backup not installing' Ive looked here and in other forums but no luck. thanks for any help you can give.

Delaney64

Dec 27, 2010
just unzip the gapps-passion-blah-blah-blah zip, it should be in there. then push the talk service apk in to /system/app and change the permissions to rw-r--r-- and then run 'sync' in a terminal emulator or reboot

How do I do this with the rw-r-r-??

Delaney64

Dec 27, 2010
So restore back up, then what exactly do i type in terminal

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
l_n Use the backup/restore menu to restore your backup.....[/QUOTE said:
trying this now. thanks... i didn't try that thinking it would creat a new backup....
worked thanks . able to download... Question, is it me or the collors aren't setup right. the market green on the tablet is not the same as my epic...

Last edited:

Beeeeeeeeer

Jan 21, 2011
Turn your firewall off at your router. Worked for me so it is a port issue. I am trying to figure out what port so I can turn the firewall back on and open just that port.

Delaney64

Dec 27, 2010
Wont restoring it make me have to reroot the tablet?

My Droid doesnt have a firewall... lol

Last edited:

Beeeeeeeeer

Jan 21, 2011
Not the droid, your WAP. I assume you are connected to your DSL wifi router. Log into your router and turn the firewall off. Then use the droid to see if you can download any apps from the Market. If you can, the port for the Market uses for downloading is blocked at your router's firewall.

willber

Jan 9, 2011
Hmmmmm.. same here. Renamed gtalkservice.bak back to gtalkservice.apk
Yup that fixed it. So do not rename or remove gtalkservice.apk
Another good reason not to remove apk's, just rename them. Easy fix.

Delaney64

Dec 27, 2010
I'm not on a router I am using my droids wireless tether as I stated before. I'm just going to reinstall gapps