Market problem after updating firmware

marcelobm

Dec 9, 2010
Hi every one yesterday I updated my flytouch2 to the deb-r2.1.1561 downloaded with the update manager, after done so, the market works ok, but after a few minutes it updates itself to market 2.2.7, The market was closing right after opened, then I went and clear the cache on System>applications>market now the market starts but after a few seconds I get a message " A server error has occurred. Press retry or cancel to return to previous screen".

if I uninstall updates for the market it will work again, but then will be updated automatically again.

Anyone have any Ideas?

I hope someone would be able to help me with this, thank in advance.

johnfrankiej

Jan 3, 2011
Clear cache and uninstall market update, then power off tablet. When you restart it should be back to previous version.
Open market, look around at some apps, without installing anything. After a couple of minutes close market, wait a min or two and re-open. Update may have occured. Best to do another power down and restart.
Let me know if this still doesn't update/work after these suggestions.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

marcelobm

Dec 9, 2010
hi, thanks for your reply, it didn't work, i tried also flashing the rom to th original one (1170) and get the same problem, now i updated to the 1568 and still get the message of the server error. any other ideas?

johnfrankiej

Jan 3, 2011
Is your wifi on or are you plugged in (ethernet)? Just need to ask the basics.
I have network trouble when wifi drops out - it tells me i have network error.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Eddy123

Jan 19, 2011
update firmware is some dangrous to you unit. it is better to ask you seller(engneer) to have backup...

marcelobm

Dec 9, 2010
Hey, some how, i managed to get it to work, apparently it started to work after this steps:

1.- I added a second account
2.- then open the market, it opened successfully
3.- then I deleted the new account and still work

in case anyone has the same problem maybe this will help.

Thank you anyway

alexrb

Jan 13, 2011
hey, today I have exactly the same problem as marcelobm told here!

So, I unistalled and installed again the "vending.apk" which comes from factory, but the Market don't download anything and crashes always when I try to download an app!

I tried to put the 2.26 version on system/app, but it don't even installed it!

Is there a way to update to the newest version to have Market fully working again, please? :confused:

Last edited: