Memo Pad No Longer Seen Via USB

sjdomin

Nov 29, 2013
Recently I have been unable to "see" the Asus Memo when it is connected to my desktop via a USB cable. Previously I was able to transfer files between the tablet and the desktop but no longer can. The problem is not with the USB cable itself because the Asus charges normally. The desktop is running Windows 7 and I don't see any error message like "unrecognized USB device" or anything similar. Would appreciate any suggestions

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

The possibilities are endless, really! The first thing to try is another USB port, then check device manager to see if there is anything that doesn't look just right, then try a restart of your tablet. This is a problem that has happened to a lot of people with many different tablets and on occasion there has been no solution. It could be a registry problem, a driver problem, a security problem or other device drive that got in the way.

There are ways to transfer files back and forth over your WiFi using something like AirDroid or in the cloud using DropBox as an example.

wolong

Aug 24, 2011
I've experienced this problem with certain cables. Those mini-USB connectors can be problematic.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I've experienced this problem with certain cables. Those mini-USB connectors can be problematic.

The ASUS tablets use a special cable for the data connection. standard USB to proprietary charging port. Had the cable been an issue it also would have been a problem charging. Just an fyi.